Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Blood Dragon.

The way Blood dragons become Blood dragons is by killing dragons and drinking the blood (according to the old book anyway)...so a Saurus and a Cold one don't quite measure up to a dragon...

And Lets be honest, rules wise, there isn't much that is man sized that can take on a Vampire.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Abhorash, the Champion of Lahmia and father of the Blood Dragons, who slew the Immortal Arkhan the Black, whilst he was mortal, spent over thirty years in the Jungles of the Old Ones, hunting for a worthy opponent. Who knows how many Saurus Champions he must have slew? Because we know he went through the Wastes felling Chaos Champions, Orc Warlords, before finally butchering a dragon and drinking its blood.

Of course, due to the fickalties of the Blood Kiss, Abhorash`s scions were not as strong, but the Red Duke and many others would still be capable of killing all but the greatest Warriros of the Slann.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Blood Dragon.

The way Blood dragons become Blood dragons is by killing dragons and drinking the blood (according to the old book anyway)...so a Saurus and a Cold one don't quite measure up to a dragon...

And Lets be honest, rules wise, there isn't much that is man sized that can take on a Vampire.
Well someone hasn't been keeping up with the fluff- Blood Dragons don't kill Dragons, they train so one day each will be able to follow in their founder's footsteps and slay a Dragon to rid themselves of the thirst for blood.

Depending on the age of the Saurus I'd say it could go either way, Vlad Von Carstein was pushed to defeat a Champion of Khorne so it's possible for potent man-sized opponents to equal or surpass a Vampire.
If it was a Saurus that was thousands of years old then I'd say the Lizardman every time.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blood Dragon.
rules wise, there isn't much that is man sized that can take on a Vampire.
well if you really want to reference the rules

saurus oldblood
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/c...at440019a&prodId=prod820844&rootCatGameStyle=

blood knights
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/c...t440025a&prodId=prod1050083&rootCatGameStyle=

blood dragon (vampire or vampire lord)
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/c...t440025a&prodId=prod1160077&rootCatGameStyle=

Depending on the age of the Saurus I'd say it could go either way, Vlad Von Carstein was pushed to defeat a Champion of Khorne so it's possible for potent man-sized opponents to equal or surpass a Vampire.
If it was a Saurus that was thousands of years old then I'd say the Lizardman every time.
pretty much agree, elite sauruses are usually more than 1000 years old, run-of the-mill vamps tend to be only a few hundred years old

where did you read the bolded part BTW?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Vampire Wars omnibus- Vlad travels to the Manor of a Sylvanian Lord who is refusing to bow down to him, and to the Vampire's surprise when he goes to strike the mortal down the, now revealed, Champion of Khorne grabs his arm and stops the blow before it can connect.
sounds like an interesting fight though not exactly fair: most powerful named VC lord vs. random run-of-the-mill chaos hero

VC are overrated...an Everchosen would tear Vlad a new one, well that's just me

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
On a funny side note has anyone noticed what huge pricks regular blood dragon knights are, I mean Abhorash their founder felt bad about killing his own subjects, and would try to only drink the blood of his enemies while his ass hole followers often seem to try to be the biggest jerks possible (Red Duke).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts