Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Heretics!! :biggrin:

I recently joined the site and I'm loving everything here! The people seem very cool, lots of very helpful articles, and great armies all around! I'm putting up my own project log to motivate me in finally finishing these little bare plastic and metal thingies into a proper painted fighting force!

As the thread title suggests, I'll be working towards a small Night Goblin army first. Half of the BFSP boxed set which I started a few years ago but never quite made it to the finish line. (I've posted these in some other forum before, so a few of you might have seen this already.)

Waaagh Gualibee!
1,000pts. of spiteful Night Goblins, plus a few "friends" they convinced to join them.

I'm going for a natural look with this army. Painted their skin in a pale green / almost yellow colour to mimic grass left in the shade for a long time. Gave them brown cloaks instead of black because I figured brown was more common, and you'd need to dye the cloth to get black. Command and heroes have some green in their cloaks, maybe from looted Dwarven or Bretonnian banners. Heroes also have red in them just to pick them out from the rest of the army at a distance.

Here are a few finished minis:

Gualibee the Short, Night Gobbo Warboss

Night Gobbo Shaman

Spear Gobbos (Front)

Spear Gobbos (Back)

Night Gobbows

That's it for now. I still don't have my 8th edition army book with me, so until then no army list yet.

Thank you so much for viewing! Comments would be most welcomed!

Stay tuned for more!

:grin:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys!

Update time for this army! These are still old photos, I'll try to take new ones and show my WIPs and desk area (hopefully) by tomorrow. Also, I got the 8th Edition Army Book earlier, I'll post my updated 1,000pts. list next time as well. Anyway, enough words. Pics!

Night Gobbo Big Boss Battle Standard Bearer (Front)

Night Gobbo Big Boss Battle Standard Bearer (Back)

Troll

Waagh! Gualibee Army Shot

That's it for now. Thanks for viewing! C&C welcome!

:biggrin:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi guys!

I appreciate all the comments! Thank you!

Wasn't able to take pics of my work area and latest WIPs.. Had too much fun reading the new Army Book and trolling the web for cool Mangler Squig conversion ideas. :p

I'm going to upload the last of my old pics instead. Hope you like 'em.

Night Gobbo Squig Herd

Night Gobbo Fanatics

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi guys!

Wanted to put up WIP pics of my Spider Riders. Sorry for the horrible pic quality, though. I'll try to re-shoot them when I get the chance.

Gualibee's Spider Riders.
Rightmost guy is my finished test model. The Forest Gobbo's not yet glued to the Spider that's why he looks funny. hehe

Spiders!
Again, rightmost is my test model, I'll follow its colour scheme for the rest of the unit.

These guys plus an extra 3 Squigs and 2 Night Gobbos for the Squig Herd should complete my 1,000-pt. army.

·
Registered
446 Posts
They pics are good enough to send a chill up my spine so good work. :) erg, hate spiders *shivers*

Love the squigs as well, I'd never seen them before. Excellent all around :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Hammer! Still not done with the Spider Rider unit, sadly..

Here's another WIP pics of the spiders themselves. Horrible pictures again, sorry! Just took a quick shot before retiring for the night.

I like how the eyes came out.. Lemme know what you guys think! Thanks!

Spiders almost ready to take on their riders.

I'll take proper pics once these guys are finished. :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys! Glad you liked these Gobbos!

smidge: I say go for it! Though my army doesn't really show it, but Gobbos have some very amusing minis and are always fun and full of character! Gotta love those little sneaks!

farseer: haha! Thanks for that! Looking forward to your O&G Army Showcase and PLOG! (I really like your Eldar's colour scheme!!)

I'm going to work on these Spiders over the weekend and hopefully finish the first five troops. Pictures and updates by next week!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts