Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Okay, here's where I got upto before a baltic trip to cumbria for five days holiday. I've returned having not properly smoked for five days, so these pics may well be blurred a bit, but you'll get the idea! ;-) Not to worry, I'll be leathered tomorrow and can post up pics sunday when I shouldn't be shaking as much :)

First a pair of the front and back of him:

(there was one from the top but it's blurred to death, I'll sort another out sunday or tomorrow avvo (dependant on painting/virgin mobile/life in general).

Backpack (the flat bit that is going to be pinned to his back is only painted and highlighted once, you won't see it so I'm sticking to a basic job for this bit :) (although I'll always know it's there... much like some of the mould lines which I never remove! haha):

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Looks excellent Grins! I will be holding onto this thread to help me with my own NMM. The wings turned out really nice too. + rep.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It's a painting night again! While the masses watch xfactor, I'm at my desk, brush in hand, hoping the talentless wankers all get the pox.

Anyhow. So far tonight:

Just adding scribbles to the scrolls, then makind a start on the seals and gems, then it's just the sword to do! woop woop...

Oh, and the base, but I'll probably leave that until next weekend or something, am nay in the mood for basing today! :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Scrolly bits done, red gems done, seals done. Just some bluey gems to go, and his sword...

Soooo close, yet so far ;-)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I'll level with you all, the sword guide is a piece of dogshit, typed up and wrapped in bollocks. iff you have the issue, go through it.

1:1:1 Regal Blue, SH Turquoise and Bleached Bone, gives you? SH Turquoise or there abouts... then the 'second highlight'? No where near light enough. Their golden NMM works a treat, the sword bit has ruined the model I think... currently trying to remedy it :-l

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Final one for the night. THat fucking sword nearly killed me :-| handle isn't done yet, just the blade...

It's a little lumpy like, it's had more layers than... I don't know, but it'll do for now, I may strip the sword and start it from scratch again though.

Thanks 'Eavy Metal team for your dogshit sword tutorial...

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Looks great..... except for the sword. But you know that already. Sorry the tutorial didn't work out for you. Everything else looks phenomenal though.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Okies, Last post of pics on this one unless there's anything anyone wants to look at in particular.

After the sword woes of last night (gah!!) I managed to leaf back through the WD's to issue 362 with some eldar typr fellow's sword and used the guide in there as it was FAR better! ALAS, it's still not perfect. I found that without constantly blending the shades together it looks too banded. I basically used a billion layers of watered down space wolf grey adding more and more skull white (and water) and kept highlighting in thin watery layers to tone down the banding. It worked well, when too much white went on with the water, just sucked the brush clean and wiped it away from the darker bands and it seemed to work well enough.

As it happens I'm pretty chuffed with it, the only thing I've just remembered is the light reflections on the dark sword bits. One more pic tomorrow as everything is away.

During the course of the evening's painting, I suffered the cat walking across my palette. While picking up the cat and cleaning her, several things occured:
1, She got paint on my tankfest shirt
2, she clawed my throat
3, her head nearly came off in my hands (sheer willpower stopped me from skragging the little sod) while trying to unhook a claw from the skin on my neck
4, when i got back to the palette, all the paints and mixes had dried (AAAAARGH!!!)

Still, got there in the end. Here's the as good as finished result:

Cheers.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
The sword looks muuuuuuuccchhh better! A model you can be proud of sir! +rep

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The sword looks muuuuuuuccchhh better! A model you can be proud of sir! +rep
Cheers pal :) I think you're one of the few who's followed this from start to finish, much appreciated.

I'm shocked with over 1100 views and so few responses! Not even any taking the piss out of the first attempt at the sword! haha :-D Heresy, you disappoint me! ;-)

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Cheers pal :) I think you're one of the few who's followed this from start to finish, much appreciated.
No prob mate! It was a nice thread to follow. I will probably come back to review it again when I finally start my Sangiunor model

I'm shocked with over 1100 views and so few responses! Not even any taking the piss out of the first attempt at the sword! haha :-D Heresy, you disappoint me! ;-)
Well you did sort of throw out everything we would have said yourself:p! No sense in over doing it right! Anyway great model and I look forward to catching a glimpse of some more of your ork stuff.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts