Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, not long back into the hobby, been gaming for most the year but lacked the motivation to paint, due to not wanting to rush any and paint to a high standard(high for me that is!). Haven't painted any models since I played back in 3rd-4th edtion, and they were never much more than a basecoat spray of Blood Red and a bit of Chaos Black and Boltgun Silver on the bolters.

With that being said, had time to kill this week, so I painted up one of my Sanguinary Guard models. Trying quite a few new techniques out, in fact a lot of it is new really. Several layers, washes and of course the power weapon, which though I'm happy with, could be a lot better and finer.

But yeah C&C's welcome and wanted.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
The white and your gold (Non-metallic metal?) are very good. On the power weapon, the lighting bolts could do with some thin white/bright-blue streaks in the middle to make the lighting bolts you have look more effective. But overall it's a really good model. Well done :)

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, was thinking the same. Problem is, my White Scar seems to have gone ridiculously thin and I reckon I'd have quite a bit of trouble doing a thin line through the lightning. Will go back to it though and do that at another time.

The gold is Gehennas Gold. Sprayed Black, put a layer of Balthasar Gold, washed with Agrax Earthshade and then painted Gehennas Gold over the top. The previous layers perhaps made it a little too dark to really make the GG shine, but I actually like the effect it made, it's a bit shinier in person, not great lighting for it. But yeah, actually didn't mind the slightly darker burnished look.

But cheers dude :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts