Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Unfortunately, I took some major losses from deep strike. Not a single one of my orks landed where they were supposed to and one completely died from rolling a 1 on the mishap table
eh, that's the reason why orks are not fond in tellyporta teknology :biggrin:

Discussion starter · #22 ·
I was so sad. An entire shoota boyz mob with a nob and PK and a lvl 2 weird boy :cray:

I tried bringing some artillery pieces to soften the other side of the river so my boyz could make it to the other side, but it didn't work out the way I wanted to to. I'm not too sad about it tho because in the fluff, the orks lose the battle anyways, and my buddy could use a win to bring his spirits up hah

Sounds like a great game, I find that deep striking enemy units are either the worst enemy or best for my guard, depending on how they scatter. Jdojo, jump over to my project log and check out the last game I had with Guard & Chaos vs Marines (with a little bit of Guard).

Looking forward to seeing your pictures from the game!

Discussion starter · #24 ·
I try to not deep strike unless its with small units and not entire 30 boy mobz lol but the campaign narrative called for it! :grin:

That game looked great!

Wow a 30 boy mob deepstriking! You need 15" square of space, never mind the scatter!

That's all kinds of crazy. Perfect for an ork player, my hat off to you sir!

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Played the 6th mission last night! The Clockwork Massacre. This mission was pretty fun and it went differently than me and my friend assumed. I brought a painboy, 3 x30 boy mobz, 3 trukker boyz, and a battle wagon with Grukk and 3 meganobz. My buddy brought a promethium line, 2 medusas, 2 hellhounds, Gerantius, and a bunch of infantry with more flamers...

First turn he focused most of his heavy stuff on my battlewagon and managed to immobilize it. Then Grukk hopped out and charge the knight while all of my boyz charged up to attack the defensive lines. Gerantius managed to kill one meganob and put two wounds on Grukk. I was trying to tank the wounds with Grukk since he had 4 in this mission, eternal warrior, and a 5+ FNP. Then Grukk hit, did 2 glances. Not spectacular..

Then the Meganob hit. 4 hits then 4 penatrating hits Gerantius blew up and killed everything around him, including Grukk and his meganobz lol it was a great start to a game.

The rest of it was pretty much my boyz charging the lines and Joe using his Priests to give his unit battle hymns in close combat. It was pretty close. I ended up winning, but We are going to call it a tie because He forgot to use his bonus from the last mission that he won, and I took gretchin in my list which was over on points. Whoops :dunno:

Oh, and I'm going to florida for a vacation this week. After that I'll start posting pictures

pics for the picture gods! Great game, this must have been!

I upload my pics on this site
http://postimage.org/
pretty easy and straightforward.
When you upload them, the site gives you the option to copy a line of code that you can just copy-paste into the message here.

I use Flickr. They give you a terabyte of storage for your images. There's very little in the way of distracting ads. And there's a bunch of ways to share your photos including a "copy bbcode" function.

I'm using it to post here and it looks like this:

ChaosOgryns_with_BBCode-code by warped forge, on Flickr

Hmm. Those appear really small viewing through tapatalk.

what kind of terrain is that?? seems handy to build some hills!

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Those are Heroscape by hasbro. My friend said that they are kind of expensive, but if you repaint them and add some more terrain to individual pieces, it can look really nice. Great for hills too

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.