Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Sanctus reach campaign: suggested points?

3K views 37 replies 7 participants last post by  Jdojo18 
hi, man.
Honestly, many of those engagements should be played at an apocalypse level.
Otherwise, i think that a differnt point value should be used in some missions, made even with stratagems or other bonuses given to the "disadvantaged" faction.
If this is not your style, i feel that the list should be at least 1850 pts (a tourney point level, that is)

IMHO, a lovely set up for the missions should be this:

1) (PLANETSTRIKE)Orks 3000 pts , Imperials 2000 + 2 stratagems and 2 fortifications free

2) (NORMAL GAME) Orks 2500 pts, Imperials 2500 pts, at least 1000 pts should be spent in Knights formations. (meaning at least 3 knights)

3) (NORMAL GAME) Orke & Imperials 1850pts

4) (NORMAL GAME) Orks & Imperials 2000 pts

5) (PLANETSTRIKE) Orks 3000 pts , Imperials 2000 pts + 2 stratagems, mandatory 2 bridges and impassable terrain dividing the map

6)(NORMAL GAME) Orks & Imperials 1500 pts

7) (PLANETSTRIKE) Orks & Imperials 1850 pts

8) (PLANETSTRIKE) Orks & Imperials 1500 pts

9) (PLANETSTRIKE) Orks & Imperials 1000 pts (honestly this battle is a skirmish compared to those before)

10) (i'd make this an Apocalyptic Planestrike, merging the two rules)
Ork & Imperials 3000 pts

11) (APOCALYPSE, again...if that battle is not apoclypse...) Ork & Imperials 5000 pts

I've not played the whole campaign, mind you. Just throwing my two cents :)

Reactions: Jdojo18
Thanks Iraquiel :)
though I personally would try the mission eleven game at more like 10000 points aside.
More than 10000? WOW! I'd never be able to finish such a game! Also, if i understand correctly, the last battle should be bigger, correct? From the story, at least, i get that idea...If you make that 10.000 you should make 12000 pts the last one but that..is madness!!:laugh: If you do that, we need pictures!

I have around 5000 points of Orks so that's the best I can manage hah my friend has a large IG army tho, and we should still get some really cool games in. I played the first mission at the points you gave me and I steamrolled right through him. I made him feel better tho by telling him that its supposed to be that way since the campaign story shows the orks as overwhelming the IG defenses anyways and he agreed. We have our 2nd game coming up. Unfortunately, we only have 1 knight with us, so I told him that he can use his space wolves if he'd like to compliment his army. I m bummed that it wont be complete canon, but the end of the campaign story does say that you can switch armies around if youd like
Extra cool! The first battle is honestly hands down to the orcs. they arrived and smashed the scarce imperial defences. The second one, however, with Knights intervention, is another story...in your campaign you could have just a single Knight House join forces, but alongside a Great Company of Fenris!
And that would be epic too!
When you arrive at the battle of the bridges, i recommend to deploy as per fluff ;) much more epicness will ensue! Also, mimiking the units involved in the fluff can be hylarious.
Let us know how the game unfolds!

Joe was also crippled a bit because the mission requires at least 3 knights,
i think you have the problem just here. Try to play this mission again with the knights and you'll see how easy is to kill a stompa second turn and not to be tabled 3rd turn ;)

Cool man! I'd love to see a pic from the map made of lego!

Unfortunately, I took some major losses from deep strike. Not a single one of my orks landed where they were supposed to and one completely died from rolling a 1 on the mishap table
eh, that's the reason why orks are not fond in tellyporta teknology :biggrin:

pics for the picture gods! Great game, this must have been!

I upload my pics on this site
http://postimage.org/
pretty easy and straightforward.
When you upload them, the site gives you the option to copy a line of code that you can just copy-paste into the message here.

what kind of terrain is that?? seems handy to build some hills!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.