Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
"They also used a type of bow or crossbow that the warriors of Horus wrote off as decorative parade weapons, until a skirmish revealed that they could emit bolts of light fully capable of punching through Space Marine armor." -Lexicanum

"It should be noted that the Interex warriors were quite a match for the Space Marines under Horus' Command." -Lexicanum

They were a match for the Space Marines, thats a plus, even under Horus, "the most powerful among the Primarchs", "a tactical genius. He knew precisely which force to send and where to send it, showing no mercy" -Lexicanum, thats like another 3 plus' then times that by like 5

So you must be thinking like those guys thinking its just a little pussy weapon right before it goes through your "near indestructible armor" and your dead
I GET IT I GET IT. But the adeptus mechanicus wouldent. The second they find out about this, the whole chapter is dead.

·
Registered
924 Posts
So how come we've never seen any Samurai marines? I mean god knows I don't want to see them the concept of samurai trappings in the 41st millenium appauls me.
Actually if you check out Victoria Lamb's painted minis she had painted a unit of marines in a japanese style, it was also featured in a white dwarf when the new marine codex was being brought out etc. I'll try and find the reference for you when im not at work.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Actually if you check out Victoria Lamb's painted minis she had painted a unit of marines in a japanese style, it was also featured in a white dwarf when the new marine codex was being brought out etc. I'll try and find the reference for you when im not at work.
I would like to see that, I think the idea (if done right) about samurai marines could be really nice...

·
Registered
800 Posts
I remeber the third edition rulebook with a samurai type warrior on one of the honour-banners outside the golden gate. (Or was it the eternity gate)

Anyway, it was a samurai guy, don't know if he was a marine, but it was surely samurai.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I remeber the third edition rulebook with a samurai type warrior on one of the honour-banners outside the golden gate. (Or was it the eternity gate)

Anyway, it was a samurai guy, don't know if he was a marine, but it was surely samurai.
Probably the Emperor in a former life.

·
Registered
869 Posts
About the Adeptus Mechanicus making the weapons, good point but no one ever said they left the Emperor and sided with the Tau in which they helped them with technology, you could use that as fluff and work it around

Obviously didnt work enough if they got their ass handed to them all over the place with one of the strongest beings ever to command them

·
Registered
33 Posts

I think I found the White Dwarf you were referencing...

Issue 298 - November 2004

They even give a name for the Chapter... The Emperor's Shadows

They look pretty sick. Very nice paint job.

The description of the paint job is as such...

Victoria's color scheme is based on the Black Templars with contrasting details in red and turquoise. Some details have a subtle samurai flavor to them that is carried over onto the Chapter and Squad iconography. The Company marking also takes up the Asian feel and is on the right kneepad.

Hopefully the picture I took will post below. If not sorry for the tease.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
...Expect his armor is nothing like a samurai's. Nor are his tactics.

And his personality and doctrines hardly match the warrior poet/artists of samurai. Maybe something closer to, I don't know, Mongolian herd's men? KHAN would be an indicator of something, perhaps?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I believe that when GW originally created the Eldar they were meant to have a samurai feel to them, hence their primary ranged weapons being shuriken.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, the eldar were originally intended to be their Japanese race but then came tau, but i don't think they are all that anime orientated as mecha really is a small part of anime. (not enough panties being shown).

Tbh everything in warhammer can be related back to a part of our own history (or someone else's creations), because that's how they intended it, they didn't want something completely alien they wanted something strange that seems familiar.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yes Tau and Eldar are both Japanese inspired. The Eldar from classical samurai and the Tau from current Mecha anime. Though the Greater good reminds me more of communism then anything else.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Has anyone seen the back inside cover of the old How to paint space marines? They had a pretty good concept for a Asian style scheme.
As for origins, Tau use Samurai style but Chinese ideals, and White Scars are a Mongol horde.

·
Registered
65 Posts
^Now that is seriously awesome.^ I really like it!

All you need now, are some Praetorians to play against. :D

21 - 38 of 38 Posts