Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm new (obvious) to the forums here. My 40K career has been mostly a lot of wheel spinning thus far. I've never had a fully painted army, but have a friend who always has 2-4 armies to play with, and lots to proxy with if I don't like what he has. :biggrin:

Most of what I've played over the past few years is Eldar, Tau, and IG - IG being the latest and greatest. I've dabbled in various SM chapters, but never really got off the ground with any of them.

I'm currently looking to actually get an entire army together (IG) that I can call my own, and am working selling off/trading the 1800pts of Tau that I have to get it.

Since I don't have frequent opportunities to play a game, I mostly enjoy list building, and tactical planning. I consider myself to be a rather good tactician, but have relatively limited field experience (probably less than 30 games).

Other things in life that hold my interest are Christianity (not mentioning this to get any sort of reaction, just being honest with what my life is about), musicianship (guitar, keys, percussion, singing, song writing), my great wife and 2 boys (and another boy on the way), furniture making, landscaping, and a variety of other things.

Thanks for having me, and, see you in the forums! :so_happy:

·
Registered
270 Posts
welcome to the boards and good luck finally getting an army to call your own.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I actually just traded a buddy of mine my Tau for some IG, so I'm well on my way. I've now got about 80 guardsmen, a handful of hvy weapons teams, 2 bassy's (which I'll convert to medusas), and 2 hell hounds! I also already had 3 LRBT's/Demolishers, so I'm well on my way. Now I just have to get ahold of some Chimeras.

Woot!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts