Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

One of my first posts here on News/Rumours, but today I was in the Miniatures Hall and asked 'Why are there no Orcs and Goblins in the cabinets?' The staff member said 'Well, the only reason that miniatures are taken out of these cabinets is either that they're being photographed OR there's a new army coming out. I can't really give you more of a hint than that.' (Emphasising the word 'NEW') Obviously this is a GW staff member, but he seemed pretty up to snuff on other stuff and O&G (For those who have been to the Miniatures Hall) are in the case next to TK. This may mean that they will be in the next Bat Rep. However, on the other hand, Orcs and Gobbos were in the Fantasy Battle Report and the next WD is Island of Blood, unless I have my dates mixed up, so it seems unlikely.

Please feel free to debate, sorry if I seem a little incoherent. It's late.

Midnight

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Please feel free to debate, sorry if I seem a little incoherent. It's late.

Midnight
this doesn't always mean anything,
that said the armybook isn't that far away (i'm not being mysterious for once, I just don't know when it's actually due other then next year)

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I was at WW earlier in the holidays. They had a LOT of the miniatures out of the display cases. Probably nothing but photos

·
Registered
564 Posts
bear in mind that WD has about a 3 or 4 month delay between writing the articles and the magazine hitting the shelf, so if they are out for a battle report, then you'll see it december or january time

army books will obviously have an even longer delay - so whilst i should imagine O&G are on the way since traditionally they aren't that long after a new edition, it could be a while yet.

btw, i regularly go to see what isn't in the hall rather than what is, it doestend to be a good indicator!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
btw, i regularly go to see what isn't in the hall rather than what is, it doestend to be a good indicator!
it's far, far too easy to read a new codex/armybook when all it actually means is that a few models tipped over and need retouching.

Last year someone was convinced that we were getting a new eldar codex in january based entirely on the fact that the eldar were getting dusted at warhammer world

·
Registered
564 Posts
aye, but the trick is to look at what elements have gone, because often some are left behind - its not an exact science, and there are freak occurences, but as long as you take that pinch of salt that the OP is suggesting, then it can pay off.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Having spent many a day in GW Head Office I can tell you that whole armies dissappear from the miniatures hall on a daily basis for a variety of reasons. Spend a weekin the gaming hall and you'll see many, many studio types wansering back and forth with trays full of models.

Cleaning, photography, battle reports, repair, general game between studio staff who want to use the models.

They are rarely if ever removed becuase "there's a book being done".

They don't need to be removed for this reason. They can be left there until a few weeks before the book is announced and they generally are.

While there is a new book on the way according to some sources. It is unlikely that this is the reason they are not in the cabinet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts