Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building a new 2000point Salamanders list with various allies

Thought I would log it properly with a camera that isn't a potato

Here's what I've just finished, more to follow soon :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Question how are you going to portray the Salamander troops? Skin wise for those without helmets. Jamaican Marines or Ebony black like the lore? I've seen mostly the former.
For my HQ I've used a model with a shaved head and mask over his face and painted him with dark flesh, however I have not stuck to the fluff with some of my scouts and a few sergeants, I've basically painted them white...

But I have something ambitions planned, I've been reading "Vulcan Lives" and I want to create vulkan with his pyre guard.

I've been thinking of using bits from forge world combined with these helmets:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was wondering what people thought of this configuration for a a Salamanders chapter master/Vulkan He'stan conversion (sorry for the quality)

I'm using mainly forge world bits for the body and shoulder pads, I think the sternguard sergeants head is the closest I can get to look like Vulkan, the lance weapon is from a 3rd party as well as the tabard. I will add green stuff to the space marines captains back pack so it looks like scales

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was wondering what people thought of this configuration for a a Salamanders chapter master/Vulkan He'stan conversion (sorry for the quality)

I'm using mainly forge world bits for the body and shoulder pads, I think the sternguard sergeants head is the closest I can get to look like Vulkan, the lance weapon is from a 3rd party as well as the tabard. I will add green stuff to the space marines captains back pack so it looks like scales
The legs, front torso and shoulder pad look awesome, the back torso with cape is too plain and will need work on it (a full scale cloak would be sick). Unfortunately though, the head looks too...... mute, and that arm with the flamer doesn't look all that nasty, and speaking of "not all that nasty" that polearm looks like a toothpick. Just my thoughts though. A polearm from the Warriors of Chaos Knights set or even a Grey Knight polearm would look better in my eyes. Then again, the He'Stan model himself from GW looks pretty bad bass as it is. Maybe make this guy a regular Captain and get He'Stan as it?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The legs, front torso and shoulder pad look awesome, the back torso with cape is too plain and will need work on it (a full scale cloak would be sick). Unfortunately though, the head looks too...... mute, and that arm with the flamer doesn't look all that nasty, and speaking of "not all that nasty" that polearm looks like a toothpick. Just my thoughts though. A polearm from the Warriors of Chaos Knights set or even a Grey Knight polearm would look better in my eyes. Then again, the He'Stan model himself from GW looks pretty bad bass as it is. Maybe make this guy a regular Captain and get He'Stan as it?
I agree the head is a bit boring, not many out there, I was tempted to us the centurion heads as they look bad ass, just worried they will be to big. I also agree the cape will need some serious green stuff attention.

But thanks for giving me the idea for the Grey Knight polearm, I have a box of spare bits I forgo about :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Seeing as He'Stan is such an imposing model (game play wise - he kicks arse!), I was just worried that your conversion won't look like he's there to kick arse n chew bubble gum with that polearm. The thing about bare heads is that they usually look too static, like just sitting there drinking coffee in the morning watching the news kinda face, not "I'm gonna tear your guts out and roast you from the inside out" look. That's when helmets come in handy. I look forward to seeing the finished product either way.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seeing as He'Stan is such an imposing model.
I think Vulkan is a great model so might just buy him instead and use the bitz I bought from the 3rd party companies to make some Salamander themed Sternguard.

On another note I really need to post a pic of the 1500 points I finished painting

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha a little chaos is to much in my eyes

I've almost finished my chapter master, I might swap the power fist for a relic blade as the power fist sucks a bit...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm also working on my devastators squad, just finished my sgt. The banner needs work

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers for the comments :)
Still WIP for the chapter master, trying to find a blade I like...

In the mean time I have another hq that is almost finished, and it was a nightmare to paint!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
There is a Sternguard face that I use for my chapter master. It makes him look ferocious. My chapter master's name is Dave the Hamernator. All you'd have to do is file/sand away a small amount of hair to make him hairless.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts