Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Looks slot better than the usual White for space marine ships. Can't wait to blow it full of holes! Have some rep.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Looks sweet! It's not as clean as your usual paintjobs, but i think that works well for the ship. The darker tone looks a lot more...gothic i suppose :wink:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers varakir. it is darker than my 40k sallies, simply because i washed the crap out of it to give it some depth. that and i figured fluff-wise, it was probably centuries between paint-jobs on the fleet vessels, a bit of wear and tear never hurt nothing :D

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I like it, a nice difference from the usual colours which I tend to see. It has to be good anyway, it is BFG :wink: plus rep dude, keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
that and i figured fluff-wise, it was probably centuries between paint-jobs on the fleet vessels, a bit of wear and tear never hurt nothing :D
Can you imagine that? A couple of blokes on a platform dangling down the side of the ship with a paint brushe each and a pot of paint.

Anyway its been a while since I've seen any BFG ships, and these look brilliant. Great job. Do you get to play the game very often?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you imagine that? A couple of blokes on a platform dangling down the side of the ship with a paint brushes each and a pot of paint.

Anyway its been a while since I've seen any BFG ships, and these look brilliant. Great job. Do you get to play the game very often?
i imagine it's like the beginning of red dwarf :D

tbh, i'm still waiting to play a game of BFG, just getting the fleet together at the mo. cheers for the comments though

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi, i love the strike cruiser.

ive aquired a dark angel fleet, of ebay its at a good statring point to convert it to a salamnders fleet, any tips on the convert, was thinking of a bit of snot green dry brushing and wash the hell out of it.

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
I've been thinking about painting some of these up myself but haven't got round to it yet.

As for real life painting, I spent a month painting an aircraft carrier when I was in the navy and man that was laborious!!
"what colour we painting today then lads?"
"grey, same as every day..."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts