Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey. This list is not for tournaments, just games at gaming clubs/ games workshop. I don't want a super competitive list, just something that will be fluffy and fun to play; but doesn't lose every single battle (my old Dark Angels).

This is a expeditionary force with elements of 1st and 2nd company led by Vulkan He'stan. The list is as follows:

Vulkan He'Stan (Rides with Vanguard)-190pts

1st Co.

5x Termies with TH/SS (Sarge has LCs)- 200pts
Land Raider Redeemer, extra armor, multimelta- 265pts

7x Vanguard Veterans, Sarge has thunder hammer - 180pts
Land Raider Redeemer, extra armor, multimelta- 265pts

2nd Co.

10x Tactical squad, flamer, Multimelta, Rhino- 205pts

10x Tactical squad, flamer, Multimelta, Rhino- 205pts

Two attack bikes with Multimeltas- 120pts

Two attack bikes with Multimeltas- 120pts

Thunderfire Cannon- 100pts

1 HQ, 2 Troops, 1 Elite, 2 Heavy support, 3 Fast attack

Let me know what the strong and weak points of the list are, what kind of tactics I should be using, and if anything needs to be changed (I already have vulkan, the bikes, the thunderfire, and one land raider) Thanks

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
It has the inherent weakness of baing a rock army (ie, with 530 points in Land Raider, it makes your opponent's target priority a no brainer)

That being said, I like the way you've chosen to support it (bikes + rhino's for the mid field push) But I don't like the Thunderfire cannon... it's just not good enough for the points...

One thought, the redeemer is cool, but you don't get the re-roll from Vulcan on it's flamestorm cannons... so perhaps consider a stock LR for more long range punch (since that is what your list is currently lacking... but I can't say I've ever really seen a mobile Vulcan themed army... so they tend to really struggle vs opponent's who can play the range game)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If you lose the thunderfire cannon you lose any ranged anti horde. I like the list over all. It is very assault heavy.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
See, I don't see this as an assault army... Just the termies... I would see this as a "hold the midfield with Melta" army... and fire the bikes at something useful early cause they're not gonna make it till the end of the game... so their job is to be a melta platform and nothing else...

Scubasteve do I have your intent correct?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts