Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
+++++++++spoilers++++++++++++++++(kind of)

I just finished reading salamander (the tome of fire triligy) and i have a few questions. First of What time is this set in. If its fairly close to current day why on earth wasnt he'stan on scoria. As far as im aware its the forge fathers jod to seek out artefacts of vulkan and surely scoria was a likely place for him to go. It's even wierder that he's not even mentioned in the book. I do know it was set after armagemnon 2 because tu'shan is chapter master.

2nd what happens to gravious? did fugis manage to extract his gene-seed before scoria died or was it to late and 3rd companys mission was pointless

3rd was it actually orks that killed n'keln or was it iagon and he dragged the ork corpses beside him.

4th who ends up as 3rd company captain? I know it says that dak'ir is sussposed to but doesn't pryiel want him to become a librarian?

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
1) It is set before Armageddon. I do believe Kyme is going to include He'Stan in either the second novel, the audio book or one of his shorts, if not more. Scoria was not known to be a world that was visited by the Salamanders don't forget, there was no reason that He'Stan would have been present.

2) The Gene-Seed of the old Salamander (Who's name I will not even attempt to type) was recovered and is mentioned at the end of Salamander, about bringing the fate of Vulkan into the light.

3) Iagon, killed N'Keln. While we do not actually know this, Kyme mentions something about N'Keln being shocked by the face which he saw. I like to believe Iagon killed him, and then the Orks came across him, or perhaps he took his hand himself. It is mentioned at the very last two pages of Salamander that Iagon wants revenge, and feels that Tsu'Gan has betrayed him for being pushed into the Fire Drakes.

4) Sergeant Agatone is mentioned as becomming the new Captain, when Dak'Ir and his successor (Forgot his name, starts with a "B" I believe) are standing on a dune, and look off to see Agatone on another, who inclines his head at them, and Dak'Ir wonders what fate will become of him. As for Dak'Ir supposed to being the heir, I have not read this before, and there was probably more chance of Tsu'Gan becoming the Captain than him due to his possible Psyker abilities.

Hope that helps :victory:

·
Deathwing Commissar
1,846 Posts
Regarding #3, Iagon's reaction to Tsu'gan being elevated to the Firedrakes is most telling. He rages at the fact that he killed for him in order to see his ambitions fulfilled. While one could argue that he's referring to the Brander Priest aboard Vulkan's Wrath, N'keln's death scene and Iagon's subsequent discovery near his corpse rather heavily implies that the treacherous vermin went so far as to see the redeemed, heroic Captain slain to see his master advanced.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it was set before armagemnon tu'shan must have only been chap master for about a year and the way He is writen about in the book gives him a sense of masterfullness/expirience which a chap master of only 1 year could not hope to achive.
Also I think Iagon= heretic

·
Craw-Daddy
4,416 Posts
I believe there is a part where Iiagon stabs him though it doesn't state clearly. IT just mentions hes standing behind him with a knife or something. And I also believe the Captain is dieing then when abroad the thunderhawk dies, but I read the book a year ago and can't remember all the specific details.

Furthernote: I was amazed at how badly mauled basically the whole company was when storming the Iron Warrior's little fortress. I mean it wasn't terrible terrible, but it was only five Iron Warriors manning the damn thing. And lol during this part I couldn't decide which side to root for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Iagon killed N'keln. My evidence is that Iagon was inspired by Iago from Othello (notice the similarities in their names?) lol. If you are familiar with Othello, then you already know that Iago was a conniving/scheming villain.

·
Deathwing Commissar
1,846 Posts
ckcrawford,

As I recall, there were also automated gun turrets, traps, etc., that they had to contend with. Furthermore, N'keln didn't help matters by not setting them up properly for their assault, tactically speaking.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Why couldn't a Chapter Master have such power for just one year? I believe Tu'Shan led the Salamanders during the Second War, I imagine this is set between the Second and Third, Salamander is the first time that the Marines Malevolant and the Salamanders come into contact. It is known that Captain Vinyar and Tu'Shan clashed, I don't see why they couldn't have already come across one another. I am sure, the two don't get along in Salamander, due to Vinyar following the Salamanders and all.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,416 Posts
ckcrawford,

As I recall, there were also automated gun turrets, traps, etc., that they had to contend with. Furthermore, N'keln didn't help matters by not setting them up properly for their assault, tactically speaking.
Point being? I like this guy? Deep hatred of a legion, even if it is my favorite. Kudos.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts