Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am looking at a slight variation in painting for my Saim Hann eldar.

I want to stick with the red, but the orange fadeout that I have used on the few models I have finished never looked any good. It might even be why I rarely painted to completion, I have never been happy with it.

I am looking for a nice variation, I have an airbrush so can do fades etc.

I think I might try some freehand.

This hornet at coolminiornot is something I rather like.

Any opinions or suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting idea with the flip, might do that on the wraith units to make them stand out, and the seers.

Never been a fan of the scales, and with like 20 tanks to paint I need something a little less time intensive.

·
Registered
217 Posts
seen this done to great effect on a few things but cant find a picture that shows it exactly.. (go figure)

black background (green on the rifle) and then red fading as a "shadow" (they have it as white on the rifle and not faded) to jagged white tears (instead of the blotches they have on the gun in the picture)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds interesting, but also pretty time consuming.

Likely going to do the freehand chasing like on the one I linked, might go for the classic eldar thorns look, as I intend to do some wraith units first, you recon red thorns would look ok or a bit over the top? (bear in mind my wraith units are going to be much more white and black than red)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts