Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The saga of Valor Deathwolf

Valor, born into the world of Fenris but claimed by none. He grew up with no parents. Orphaned by a raid, the harsh conditions, or lack of food, of which not even he knew. As the years passed he grew, more than is normal some say, and became the strongest in his tribe by the early age of 17.

As a strong young warring sailer Valor struck down many men before a wolf priest, Sven the wise, met him during a feast. All the men boasted about his strength and well, valor. Sven quickly challenged Valor to a test of not only strength but hunters cunning. The one to bring back the largest beast would be the victor, and to test his strength the must slay the beast unarmed except for their bare hands and their wits.

The Priest made it back within hours with a larger than average snow bear, but Valor took three days. On the dawn of the third day, when most considered him dead, he returned dragging the head of a gigantic mammoth.
Valor conceded victory, in jest, to the priest because he had only returned with the head and not the whole carcase. Sven, impressed with Valors strength and his own defeat at the hands of the mere mortal man brought him back to the fang.

Once given the Canis Helix and set out he returned in record time to the fang, but not as most had. He returned in the shape of a massive wolf and only mentally was he still man. More than wulfen he was a beast among beasts. Being completely sane aside for the large bloodlust associated with the canis helix. The wolf, rune, and iron priests managed to save his body and return him to a human like state, then proceeded to finish the implements making him an official bloodclaw.

He quickly ascended to grey hunter, over coming his need for violence, mostly... but he seemed to have a strange affinity to the beasts around him, easily befriending the wolves wherever he went. So much so that he could touch his wolf lords fenrisian wolf comrade, Fenryn, something most men would never dare to try, with or without permission.

A few years after his promotion his wolf lord, Harth Deathwolf, held a great hunt and Valor was committed to beating his Harth back to the fang. As it was he did not. But by no means was he the tail. Scarcely after Harth's return Valor burst into the fang boasting a prize close in size to Harths own, earning him a spot near the head of the table. That did not sit too well with the Wolf guard but the soon following fight was as common as eating or breathing in the fang.

Before long Harth and his company set out for honor on a mission to defend some territory from the chaos forces. Valor fought...well... valorously, being one of the first to draw blood. But his squad did not fair well and in the end he ended up the soul surviver. Driven to avenge his fallen brothers he single handedly struck the final blow to a rampaging chaos spawn and moved from monster to monster leaving blood and mangled bodies in his wake.

Covered in blood he returned and was shot at, mistaken for a khorne berzerker. Luckily no mortal wounds were inflicted. With his honor intact, unlike so many enemy heads, he joined the ranks of Harths wolf guard.

At the age of 28 he went out on another great hunt to be met by a beast with cunning matching his own. As he stared down the great beast of a thunder wolf he wasnt sure he would rise the victor but he was not a man to back down so he charged in. the ensuing battle lasted a full day and night, both earning the others respect. Again his affinity for all wolfen creatures came into play and with one last charged he managed to mount the beast, having long lost the will to kill it. It took another day to tame the massive wolf, which he then named, Deathgaze, for the stare he received on their meeting. With aid of his new found comrade he still caught a nice sized prize a managed to return without being named the tail.

They fought together in many a battle before Harth fell to the hands of a deamon prince of slenesh. Valor managed to smite the half dead deamon in one pounce and rushed his dying lord back to base camp. He grasp Valors arm with his last breath and wished to fight on. An Iron priest began frantic work granting the fallen lords wish. Harth moved on to become a dreadnought, leaving Valor to lead his mighty pack. Valor took on his lords title as Deathwolf and lead the fight against the chaos deamons pushing them out of the sector.

Valor Deathwolf (wolf lord with thunderwolf mount)
WS6 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I5 A5 LD10 SV2+/3++

Special rules:
counter attack, acute scenes, And they shall know no fear, Independent Character

War gear:
Runic armor
Frost blade
Storm shield
Wolf tooth necklace
Wolf tail talisman
Saga of the beast slayer

i didn't think he needed any special weapons or special rules, simple war gear load out makes him pretty awesome as is. plus i can actually use him ^_^

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I actually liked that, but there are is one thing that I didnt like, and that was the fact that he felt so over powered... I dont know, maybe that was fine for a SW, but I really dont know about it.... I would have liked to hear about a few set backs, not just a huge record setting killing machine/wolf... Otherwise it was fine, and if I understood correctly, you use him in your games, and thats so cool + rep

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks,
actually i was worried no one had seen it or everyone just overlooked it. its been a day or two with no comments lol.
well, i kinda see being an orphan as a setback, maybe not a weakness, but that had to be hard, especially on fenris. ever read the back story of their planet? its scary to think about. that and how he didn't fully ever conquer the canis helix, the space wolf primarch inherent gene, on his own. i like it better that way though. full of honor are the hero's of fenris.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pretty good, enjoyed it. I do agree with him though it seems a little bit over-powerful. But hey, with Space Marines anything is possible. If you want, check out my thread XIV Legion :)

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
thanks,
actually i was worried no one had seen it or everyone just overlooked it. its been a day or two with no comments lol.
well, i kinda see being an orphan as a setback, maybe not a weakness, but that had to be hard, especially on fenris. ever read the back story of their planet? its scary to think about. that and how he didn't fully ever conquer the canis helix, the space wolf primarch inherent gene, on his own. i like it better that way though. full of honor are the hero's of fenris.

Well of course that was little set back, and the other thing as well, but it just seemed to go almost to well for him in my opinion... Thats kind of all I tried to say... Other vise a good story... :eek:k:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.