Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess what?

they found a mammoth in Russia, stick it with a pick, and lo and behold itbleeds

Yahoo

Fox news

Washington post,

Pick your news website of choice, it is Awesome!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Now that is awesome. Within a few years, we may have mammoths walking around again. Now whether they're able to live in the world or not remains to be seen.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
always amazes me that ever time we dig up something like this cloning long dead animals comes up yet we are fucking terrible at protecting the animals currently running around alive on our planet, so we clone it and get the clones to breed only for some pikey bastard to shoot it for its horns which will no doubt be a Chinese herbal remedy for impotence.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
always amazes me that ever time we dig up something like this cloning long dead animals comes up yet we are fucking terrible at protecting the animals currently running around alive on our planet, so we clone it and get the clones to breed only for some pikey bastard to shoot it for its horns which will no doubt be a Chinese herbal remedy for impotence.
This ^

Why the hell are we trying to bring back long dead shit. Starting learning how to clone fucking honey bees before Monsato kills them all!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Don't we need a living female specimen for cloning?

Or have we progressed beyond that point without my knowing?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't we need a living female specimen for cloning?

Or have we progressed beyond that point without my knowing?
WE need a closely related female specimen, in this case, an Elephant will do if it is done it at all.

·
Registered
967 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
now, clearly a serious matter like this needs considerable thought and planning but can we cross breed it with a tiger and bring them up on a diet of pikeys and then release them into the wilds?

and if not, WHY NOT?

·
Registered
379 Posts
The reason they are widely used in Chinese remedies for treating impotence is because it is made of horns. If we were ever to run out of horny things I fear the days of mankind are numbered.

·
Registered
951 Posts
now, clearly a serious matter like this needs considerable thought and planning but can we cross breed it with a tiger and bring them up on a diet of pikeys and then release them into the wilds?

and if not, WHY NOT?
I fully support spending exorbitant amounts of government money on developing a way to get this working and in mass production. Not as if the politicians are going to use the money anyway.

Anyway, I'm 99% against cloning the mammoth to release into the wild. Not only could it screw up ecosystems, but it could also be difficult for the mammoths. Not to mention the fact that we'd need to clone a large number of mammoths to prevent any genetic diseases becoming widespread in the species or that they're extinct because they were out-adapted. Clone cells, read its entire genome and see where that brings us. Mammoths have died out, and there's no need to bring them back. However, at this rate, we'll need to do to bees what we're planning to do to mammoths.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts