Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.advocate.com/news/world-news/2013/08/28/russia-raids-gay-peoples-homes

The Russian government's new law condemning so-called gay propaganda has now encouraged people to report their LGBT neighbors to local authorities.

A notice allegedly from the government says any person who suspects that a neighbor or tenant disseminates "homosexual propaganda" should contact the police immediately,

so what do you people think? its starting to sound like they are only a couple of more steps away before they decide to put gays in camps or even just killing them "legaly".

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Meh. It's the USSR. Er... Russia. Right, Russia. Not the Soviet Union. Nope. Putin isn't an ex-KGB chief who has nothing better to do with his time than shit like this. He's busy trying to distract the Russian public from the shitshow that their economy is, the fact that all their allies are the most evil motherfuckers that are on the face of the earth at the moment, and the water table might be mildly radioactive judging by the four-headed catfish that can be found in retaining pools near power plants. And as we learned from Goebels, blaming a group of people for shit that you can't control and they're pissed off about doesn't actually solve the problem, but it sure gets you popular support for whatever crap it is you're cooking up. Considering that there are riots throughout eastern Europe because their governments are in the crapper, it's likely that Putin's just doing this sort of shit because he wants to scapegoat somebody and make the population focus on that instead of the fact that Russia is an economic basket case and Putin's edging back towards Soviet policy has just fucked stuff up more.

And for all that, Vladimir Putin is a huge faggot. Yes, I am using a slur against the group his government is targeting against him, because irony has a place sometimes. Honestly, I think this kind of crap is ridiculous. As a Jew, I'm a little touchy when it comes to the government black bagging people and talk about camps. And as a sane, rational human being... honestly, who cares if someone's gay or not? What two (or more) consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes really shouldn't be anyone's business but their own (and in particular, not the government's), provided they're not causing damage to property, disturbing the peace, or hurting anyone. I really don't understand why that's so hard for people... I mean, do people really have nothing better to do than flip out about gay people? Don't people have their own lives, jobs, and relationships to worry about?

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
And as a sane, rational human being... honestly, who cares if someone's gay or not? What two (or more) consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes really shouldn't be anyone's business but their own (and in particular, not the government's), provided they're not causing damage to property, disturbing the peace, or hurting anyone. I really don't understand why that's so hard for people... I mean, do people really have nothing better to do than flip out about gay people? Don't people have their own lives, jobs, and relationships to worry about?
This. This so much.

I think it's disgraceful that a country in our modern world can have such laws and actions. It's situations like this that makes me sad to be a human being.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts