Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you rules fans out there here is my question: My friend says that a vehical can run in the shoot phase as it is still classed as a UNIT. It says in the rule book that vehicals are units but i cannont find it anywhere to suggest this is true.

Please help me as this argument has gone on enough, can a vehical use the run rule instead of shooting?

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
If I was going to be slightly more useful, Vehicles are units but their movement rules are all contained within the movement section. You'll see in the Walker section of the Vehicle rules (pg72) that Walkers get an exception allowing them to run as vehicles usually cannot.

Aramoro

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Vehicles ARE units, as per p3&5 of the BRB.

Walkers are vehicles that can run (see p72, BRB)

All other vehicles cannot run. (P58 of the BRB, Moving and Shooting Vehicle Weaponry, second paragraph)

Hope that helps somewhat :)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
How can a tank "RUN". Normaly if it has legs then it can RUN. The only exeption i can think of is Kahn on Mookraken but that is a special rule that allows him to run.
In short. All infantry, Jump infantry, Monsters and Walkjers can run. If you don't have a pair or more of legs you CAN'T RUN.

p.s. Slap your friend round the head for a stupid thought.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Your friend is full of the LoLs. Saying something without legs can run is like saying a Necron so more than a Gauss wielding toaster...or a Killa Kan is more than a really pissed off Soup can.

Noble effort in an attempt at ingenuity, but ya...he is wrong and deserves to receive a brick with 'Thunderhawk' written on it..right between his eyes.

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
I would let him run with the tanks ...but then I would get really creative with shit. As per, I am putting Dante in a Land raider crusader and am going to deepstrike them right next to your stuff and they do not scatter, Mephiston is joining this group of RAS and we are coming to ruin your day, DC Tyco is with my DC and are lookin for blood. Silly shit like that.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
ok thanx for all the answers, even the stupid but funny ones, i will now go and bitch slap my friend and make him straddle a dwarfe wearing big pink bunny ears lol.
:shok: said under breath *you sicken me!*

#joke....don't kill me:suicide:#

1 - 10 of 10 Posts