Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

141 - 160 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
If these rumours bare out it sounds to me like Tau are going to be a much improved army with alot more flavour to them.

Hopefully we should get the white dwarf leak within a week or two as I really want to see what the 'Ubersuit' looks like and what its really called... Riptide is such a silly name.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
More Tau stuff from Faeit212 and an interesting tidbit about allies:

Tau and their Allies, and Farsight

We have been wondering now for quite awhile what is going on with the idea of a Allied Supplement, or Mini-dex that has been rumored in the past. There are many indicators or little hints that this might be on its way (gretchin, genestealer cults, and more), but we really have nothing solid.

Here Shaso Iceborn touches on that release, and I am not sure it looks good for it. He then goes over and into a brief overlay of some Tau bits. I am hoping that we can discover some more information about what is happening with this supplement in the near future. (or more info saying its going away)

Please remember that these are rumors, and like always require a little bit of salt.

via shaso_iceborn over on Warseer
The mini ally dex has to my understanding been incorporated into the codex at the beginning of the book and will no longer be a separate compendium.

There is a Kroot HQ, but not in the conventional sense and he cannot command "Tau" forces (unless they bring back Prok but I have heard nothing on him)

Farsight will have a new model, it looks similar to the gamesday one.

Rail Rifles, Rail Guns, and Rail Cannons are the way they are distinguishing different rail type weapons in the new codex.

There will be 2 "new" special characters, one we may have seen before. (Aun'shi I think but do not have confirmation)

·
Registered
266 Posts
The riptide made me pee myself a little bit, they really haven't done much to the crisis suits though, bomber isn't too bad, at least its not as ugly as the stormraven.

Also my bank manger and wife are gonna hate me sooooooooo much

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Well thinking about it this puts at 4 new books in 4 months this year. At this rate we may see upwards to 9 new 40k books this year (2 months for Fantasy and December being a non-updating month rounding out the year with current rumours).

Now that may change but at this pace all the armies could be updated by the end of 2014.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Now that may change but at this pace all the armies could be updated by the end of 2014.
'cept Sisters ! :angel:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
That Riptide suit looks as big as a Dreadknight! I know somebody who will be very happy to see Tau update. Let's hope the codex is as good as these models look.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
I like models, but what does this release for me is Farsight I'll pick the model regardless but I just hope he isn't useless unit wise.
But damn the Riptide model is nice, the battle force is really nice too. :)

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Not really a hard job finding them.... They were all over the Advanced Tau Tactica page first and then were on Faeit212 not long after....

Anyway.. that aside, wish we could get a better look at the Riptide, it looks really interesting.

The Flyers however, are rather meh...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yay no more kroot in the battle force

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Some comments about the pictures
Source
via neko
I'm glad someone's posted those - I feel I can speak a little more freely now

Looking at the double spread:
- The flyer on the left is a gunship. The chin-mounted burst cannon you can see, but the main weapon is actually mounted on the underside of the tail, and is some sort of turreted array of ion weapons. My first thought is that this should make the flyer easier to use, as you don't need to be pointing at the target. It also has 2 pop-up seeker missiles.
- The flyer on the right is the bomber. It doesn't actually carry any bombs, but instead has a generator for forming bombs out of plasma as they're needed. It also has a detachable drone fighter in each wing for defense.
- Below the bomber, you should be able to make out a lot of white missile tips. These all belong to a Broadside model. The uppermost bundle of missiles is a shoulder-mounted pod, whilst a bit lower you can see 2 more bundles of missiles in arm mounted pods. Also, to the right of the shoulder pod you may be able to make out a seeker missile pointing straight up - this is the suit mounted seeker I mentioned.
- To the right of that you have the XV104 Riptide. You should be able to make out an ion cannon of some sort on its right arm, and a shield on its left.

2nd Attachment:
- Here we can see the box art for the XV104, this time armed with some sort of uber-burst cannon. On this shot you might be able to make out the twin support weapons mounted under the main gun. It also comes with 2 shielded missile drones.
- And another picture of the bomber.

3rd Attachment:
- Pathfinders. You can't really make out the new experimental weapons I'm afraid, but you can certainly see that one of the drones is beefier than the rest. If I understand right, this drone can sit in place of the cupola on the devilfish, and grant some sort of C3 bonuses.
- Broadside suit. In this shot you can see it built with the twin heavy rail rifle (the rifle you can see is actually 2 heavy rail rifles side by side).
- Crisis team. It's just the current suits repacked into boxes of 3.

Another tidbit not shown:
- The XV8 varient is a finecast commander's varient. It looks similar to the XV8 (maybe with longer limbs?), and may well have the same rules, but is posed with the hand units deployed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
That battleforce is *miles* better. With a piranah I had to buy separately!

Not impressed by the flyers, which is disappointing. May well have to just Forgeworld it and use them as counts as ;)

I like *everything* else I see there though, Riptide is beautiful.... Can not wait. Now just need to pass two exams before I can afford to buy it......

·
Registered
266 Posts
Someone just said on advanced tau tactica that the pathfinders have access to secret experimental weapons, truth is I don't care they look multipart plastic, I'm officially buzzing for this release again

Reckon I'll need about £350 to get a decent force
2 battle forces
2 broadsides
A riptide
A box of pathfinders
Codex

I've got a few fire warriors devilfish and a hammerhead so I can't wait for this lot to get released

·
Registered
266 Posts
Don't really see the point, they're everywhere now

141 - 160 of 369 Posts