Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

201 - 220 of 369 Posts

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
If I'm reading this correctly, Tau last had an update in 4th?
They Tau were first introduced to the game in 4th, that's when they had their first launch of models and codex. Dont think they had any models or anything like that beforehand, like the Necrons did for instance.

·
Ranty ranter!
2,262 Posts
They Tau were first introduced to the game in 4th, that's when they had their first launch of models and codex. Dont think they had any models or anything like that beforehand, like the Necrons did for instance.
Tau came out in 2002, before Necrons, with a 3rd edition codex.

·
Registered
266 Posts
They also had a nightmare on release, as someone leaked the whole codex, 6 months previous, as a result they only sold a few minis as everyone had played through the dex with proxies.

A pretty huge disaster for a new race

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Some release information
Source
via The Dude
*The release will include two Finecast boxes, one for Farsight and one for a generic XV8 Commander.
*Also Two Finecast blisters for Special Characters; Dark Strider and Long Strike.
*Plus there is a plastic blister for the Cadre Fireblade.
*Just to be clear, the existing Kroot Carnivore squad will stay unchanged.

·
Ranty ranter!
2,262 Posts
Dangit, I was hoping my ass off for plastic Kroot Hounds.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
News/rumours to help get us back on track. If any of this has already been posted I apologize but I wasn't backtracking through Tau history to sort that out (both are from Faiet212, the article titles are also the links):

Tau Models: Farsight, Dark Strider, and Long Strike

A little release information regarding the models that we will be seeing gives us a couple finecast blisters, two finecast boxes., and a plastic blister. Also included below is a little information on Kroot Carnivore squads.

Please remember that these are still rumors, salt is always required.

via The Dude over on Warseer
*The release will include two Finecast boxes, one for Farsight and one for a generic XV8 Commander.
*Also Two Finecast blisters for Special Characters; Dark Strider and Long Strike.
*Plus there is a plastic blister for the Cadre Fireblade.
*Just to be clear, the existing Kroot Carnivore squad will stay unchanged.
Tau HQ News: Cadre Fireblades

Cadre Fireblades is the listing in the codex for the Firewarrior HQ choice, that appears it might be more than one independent character per HQ selection. Its quite hard to tell at the moment, but this little bit of info is the latest on deciphering what we are going to be seeing in the new Tau codex.

Please remember that these are still rumors. I am hoping that sooner rather than later we get someone with the codex in hand to do a QnA here.
via neko over on Warseer
The "Cadre Fireblades" codex entry is pluralised, so they won't be a specific character. They are independant characters, which to me implies HQ. They wear carapace armour and have barely any more EQ than a Fire Warrior (as standard at least) so I am thinking it would be a budget HQ option.

When the Fireblade was first described to me it was as being like a Wolfguard battle leader.
Low level HQ choice.

Tank Commander
I was told that he allows the tank to Overwatch, which may not be too handy for the tank itself, but adds more firepower to the 6" support Overwatch if true.

·
Ranty ranter!
2,262 Posts
I'm not really that excited about the tau update as I hope they would have more vespid stuff oh well.
One rumour talked about how the design team were playtesting Vespid on jetbikes. Then they thought "hang on guys, what the fuck are we doing?" and scrapped this rather idiotic idea, thank the gods.

Just saying, no new Vespid units may just be a good thing...

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Yeah that's something that made me smile now, that everything it seems is Tau Empire, I suppose it's to help out them in the light of a somewhat possible threat. That or they changed the fluff

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
More rumours from Faeit212. Once again the article titles are the links.

Tau: Riptides Activation of the Nova Engine......

The Riptide is known to have something called a Nova Engine. Apparently it is dangerous to activate, as it overcharges the weapon or other types of results..... like taking a wound. Here is the latest on the Riptides Noava Engine.

Please remember that this is a rumor, salt is always required.

Just heard the following:

Activating the Riptide's Nova Engine is risky. It only works on a 3+. If it fails to activate (roll of 1-2) the Riptide suffers a wound.

The weapon buff result for the Nova Engine supposedly buffs the large blast of the Ion Accelerator to S9 AP1, so there's your anti tank gun

Also, apparently Broadsides with missiles get 4 shots each at S7 AP4.

Of course I'm not sure the mechanics of the Nova Engine, but it appears to me to be a simple random table with1-2 being take a wound and 3-4 being one of the four rumoured buffs. If this is the case, you wouldn't be able to rely on it happening.

Also, if the charged profile does have a drawback like Gets Hot, you are twice risking self harm to get that one mega shot off.
Tau: Kroot and Vespid - Looks Like They Will Be In

Yesterday morning we had a rumor from Ravengardt that was telling us that the new Tau codex was to be without its alien companions, the Kroot and Vespid. Well, the same source sent this to me late in the day yesterday, saying that his source might of been a little over enthusiastic. Here is what was sent in.

This was sent in simply to help us try and find the best information, and sometimes people get it wrong. I even had phone calls regarding this rumor bit, but Ravengardt was nice enough to dig a little deeper, and then let us know what he found out.

I still believe that Kroot and Vespid will get their token unit in the Tay codex, and will then will be expanded upon if an Allies Supplement is released.

via Ravengardt from the Faeit 212 inbox
Me again, had a bit of time to talk to someone else over at $%## @ %^%^##&. The info they've got is sparse too. Looks like real release briefings were stopped to prevent leaks. They get their hard facts a day before or at preorder start. So it looks like my earlier source might have been a little overly enthusiastic. So please add a lot of salt.
Sorry if I caused trouble. I wanted to clarify how dependable me info is.
thanks,
Ravengardt
via Neko over at Warseer

There are pictures of Kroot and Vespid miniatures in the new codex, so I expect their rules will be there too

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts
This is from faeit212

Please remember that these are rumors until we get something more concrete, and we still are not sure of what the squad sizes will be.

via MajorWesJanson on Warseer
Firewarriors are still 4 to a frame, so they will still probably remain 6-12. Kroot could maybe get a little larger, say 12-24. Pathfinders 4-8 don't work anymore, so we will likely see them go from 4-8 to either 5-10 or 6-12, so you don't have spares in a box. Stealthsuit boxes are 3 per, so if they do increase the size, I'd expect 3-9. Crisis suits are also now 3 per box, but I don't expect their unit size to increase, unless maybe Farsight bumps their max size up.

·
Registered
316 Posts
That's Riptide with a little LED in it's head isn't it? OMG, by Tau battle force, that I bought last year in preparation for the Tau redo isn't going to have to wait much longer.

Shiny!

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts
Love the look of everything except broadside in these pictures

http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com.es/2013/03/rumores-fotos-tau-en-alta-calidad.html[/url]

Don't know has been posted

201 - 220 of 369 Posts