Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1081 - 1100 of 1100 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
in the reference section of the brb p.139 there is a profile for a weapon called a melta cannon : 24" str8 AP1 heavy 1, blast, melta

i don't recognize this but i may just be being stupid :p

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
I don't have my rulebook to hand, but there was also a "Shellstorm Cannon" under the salvo rules. I like to think it'll be a new Holy Trinity weapon, but the Chaos Codex is closer and more likely to get it...

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,084
Some more rumours from Faeit 212
Source
via the Faeit 212 inbox
Thousand Sounds full squad is 20 Marines or 10 for half. 150 points gets you 4 sons and a Sorcerer. add more sons for 23 each. Sorcerer can take the boon of mutation ability (the one that gives him an extra roll on the chart at the beginning) for 10 points. he can also have meltabombs for 5 points, and you can buy an icon of flame for 15

230 Arhiman
240 for squad
although a level 3 sorcer is only 140, with mark of tzeentch he is 155

Raptors are 95 for 5, and 17 points for up to 10 more
same upgrades as before

WARP TALONS, are the new raptor. They are 160 for 5 and 30 each for up to 5 more. They all have twin lightning claws. and they have an attack on the turn they deep strike.
its not an assault on arrival. its an attack that makes everyone within 6" of the unit blinded. so if you thread the needle, they won't be shot up

Defiler is 195 now, with all the normal options.
demonforge, the ability you're thinking of, is a once per game re-roll to damage

Forgefiends are 175, they have TWO Hades Autocannons. A Hades Autocannon is 48", Heavy 4, Str 8 AP 4... pinning they are only bs 3, so it's about the same. and once per game it can reroll to-wound and to-pen you can, however, swap those weapons out for Ectoplasm cannons. which are str 8 plasma cannons. and for 200 you get THREE of them. so that's some ap 2 love
3 HP, 12/12/10 armor

Dragon 170, they have 1 hades auto cannon
3 HP, 12/12/10
they can make a melee attack against other fliers

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
This point raising thing for a minimal increase in ability is really going to screw with my army lists. Unless I radically change my list, according to these rumors, I'm going to have even less models on the board than normal without a proportional increase in damage output.

That being said, I guess I'd still rather have that than the current codex.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
good to know that thousand sons are looking to be as insanely expensive as always.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
This point raising thing for a minimal increase in ability is really going to screw with my army lists. Unless I radically change my list, according to these rumors, I'm going to have even less models on the board than normal without a proportional increase in damage output.

That being said, I guess I'd still rather have that than the current codex.
That is what allies are for....chuck in some cheap ork fodder!

·
Registered
363 Posts
So there will be Raptors, and Warp Talons being some super Raptor shenanigans? Interesting. I don't like how it's being quoted though.."90 points for five, and 17 points for ten more". So max squad size of 15? Another thing is I don't like the way the loyalist codex way of putting in point costs. Pay this for these guys, and then this for X amount more.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I don't have my rulebook to hand, but there was also a "Shellstorm Cannon" under the salvo rules. I like to think it'll be a new Holy Trinity weapon, but the Chaos Codex is closer and more likely to get it...
Could be the rumoured Iron Warriors siege weapon?

Dragon 170, they have 1 hades auto cannon
3 HP, 12/12/10
they can make a melee attack against other fliers
This could be where the 'two shooting profiles' came from. Starts with a Hades autocannon but can be upgraded to a Butcher Cannon perhaps.

So there will be Raptors, and Warp Talons being some super Raptor shenanigans?
Yup. That's GW's new policy it seems. "Oh you like X unit? We nerfed the fuck outta them, but look at this new unit with new models that does that job so much better!" The part they leave out is the 'new' unit is pretty much exactly the fucking same as how unit X used to be. The Necron codex was rife with it. Destroyers vs Tomb Blades, Warriors vs Immortals, hell Gauss Immortals vs Tesla Immortals!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
A forty five point increase on a model that does the same thing ? Yeah, glad I got my Defilers cheap.
Well, some earlier rumors were saying it would have better armor. If that's the case, then it might (MIGHT) be worth it. As it sounds now? Nope.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Yeah better be 14/13/11 with that point increase... oh well I will just have to wait to either whine/praise the dex when it comes out.
Well it couldn't get any worse.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I have heard rumors of an invulnerable save, which MIGHT make it worth the 45 pts.
Well, if it's a 3++ then it might. In fact it better be because I love my defilers but they are already bad enough as it is. I'm gonna be pissed if they increase their cost by 33% and NOT make it worth the expense of acquiring them.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Mind you these romours are still all over the place (Which is confusing considering the codex is a month or less off). However current rumors make the CSM book sound like the GK book, hyper expensive with only about 35% of the units being worth their actually pts cost, in on the table effectiveness. Yet this would be better then the codex being SM light with cheaper yet less effective stuff then loyaists. However such a change has to walk a careful line as 1-2 pts over on a already expensive model can make including them in your army a none-sequitor. Still I guess unlike GK we can spam shitty cultists for camping objectives while dedicated and apprently overpriced units go forward to actually fight things.

Keep in mind you none of us really know anything about the new book outside of the hellbrute and cultists will be included and some tid bits about what chosen will be like.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Agreed with you Luke, but still. I really don't want to play this out like GK. I want my marines with my badass dedicated marines helping out and in large quantities killing everything. I don't want to play a game with only 25 chaos marines on the table and 60 cultists. This is Codex: Chaos Space Marines we're talking here, not Codex: Renegades of Chaos. I'm sure cultists won't even be used very often unless it's for a fun game, or a full cultist army. I highly doubt seeing them in a competitive game, but who knows.

On another note, I agree again. We're honestly all over the damn place with these rumors. Tons of shit, not knowing what exactly is legit or not. Closest we have now is the double wave, mid October release date I think. :/

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
100% agree and it's also my main beef. At this point in time we pretty much all knew what 6th edition would be like (We knew shooting would be more in favour than CC, we knew PW would have AP, we knew how and why transports would be less dominant etc.) but we know absolutely squat about this dex.
It's half a month away and even the model we heard the most about (The Dragon Flyer), well we don't even have any really consistent info on it other than it's supposed to cost around 170 points. Sure, every rumour has said that it would be 12/12/10 and possessed but come on! Everybody was already counting on this being the case. The more I thought about it the more I came to realize that even before I was told anything other than it's concept I expected it to have this statline. So what that really tells me is that we probably know (for certain that is. Educated guesses isn't knowledge, remember?) even less than we think.

And that really bugs me. Because I so want this codex to be good and to arrive RIGHT NOW. But I also don't want it to be too good. If it's a braindead steamroller like the C: GK I probably wouldn't find it satisfying either. So my problem is, since am an eternal pessimist, I always expect things to take a turn for the worse. So when I can't seem to glean any real information about C: CSM from all these rumours I start to become worried how it will turn out.

·
Registered
679 Posts
100% agree and it's also my main beef. At this point in time we pretty much all knew what 6th edition would be like (We knew shooting would be more in favour than CC, we knew PW would have AP, we knew how and why transports would be less dominant etc.) but we know absolutely squat about this dex.
we didn't know anything a month prior to the release of the new edition. It was only once the edition came out that we were 100% certain of anything. The chaos dex will be the same when it comes out in January 2012..... er.... April, no..... August? Shit. Surely October 2012....?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Naturally we didn't know anything for sure. But the consistency of the rumours were much, much better than with this release. Like you mentioned, even the fucking release date have been bouncing all over the place. And info on 6th were pretty limited compared to a lot of previous releases.

1081 - 1100 of 1100 Posts