Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

741 - 760 of 1100 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Cool tidbits from Hastings, and we can start looking forward to lots of information soon.

75hastings69 said:
The csm dread looks like a very angry roided up oblit, the new "mauler" cc oblits are good ;)
Faeit 212 said:
Here is what I am expecting over the next few days.

First off Tastytaste is promising his readers something within 48 hours. Not only that over at Blood of Kittens he as declared Phil Kelly is the author. I thought we knew that, but apparently looking back over what I have posted, it was still up for grabs a little.

I expect pictures from the White Dwarf within the same 48 hour time frame. I even expect the information early tomorrow, but its hard to say for sure when things arrive. I am at the mercy of sources and when they get the information and are able to get the information to us here on Faeit 212 we will have it posted up.

Information from White Dwarf and from the codex is what I would expect to see over the next week. As things get clearer towards the end of the week, the information should start to get better, and I am hoping that there is a few bombshells to drop, as we get information on things like flyers, Daemon Princes, the new Chaos Dreadnought type (hellbeast), and more.

This next week is going to be full of rumors, pictures and other other information, so stay tuned and if your not excited about Chaos Space Marines, then at least get pumped up to see the first codex release of 6th edition.
On the other hand, there's some contradictory information about the White Dwarf.

Random poster said:
can confirm for you all that codex Chaos Space Marines will be released in October at the earliest.

The White Dwarf features Daemons. Lots of them but no Chaos Marines. The month after is the 40k starter box so that means no codex until October. I'm a bit bummed out by this but I suppose it gives me longer to save up.

However the boxed game sounds like it's going to be pretty sweet so perhaps I won't actually have any money left.
Reddit poster said:
So in next months white dwarf there is going to be a leaflet with updates for Codex daemons and daemons in fantasy.

Some changes to old units, flamers are now only S4 in fantasy and some units have had point changes. ect.

Also new units slannesh massive chariot (2D6 +1 impact hits) and other weird chariot thing in 1 kit. the other thing looks and acts kind of like a mobile meat lawnmower. this is in both games and acts like a chariot in 40K.

also soul grinders are coming to fantasy! has T7 6 wounds and a load of upgrades for its shooting. looks pretty mental. the model (40K kit) in the white dwarf and leaflet was on the same base as the giant goblin spider.

also new models for plague bearers (really really nice, some have fly heads) screamers (look similar but with lots of eyes), flamers (similar) and nurgalings (looks like a pile of funny little germ monsters you might get in a dish washer advert).

Also new beastman shaman.

should be out next week .
Third edit: The Reddit person posting about the WD is the same one who posted about the 6th ed BRB, so it's safe to assume it's true. This means that all the CSM stuff has been removed and replaced with a leaflet with Daemon changes and the new unit. So it does look like October is C:CSM, not August or September :(

·
Registered
951 Posts
Third edit: The Reddit person posting about the WD is the same one who posted about the 6th ed BRB, so it's safe to assume it's true. This means that all the CSM stuff has been removed and replaced with a leaflet with Daemon changes and the new unit. So it does look like October is C:CSM, not August or September :(
As Damn the Valley said in the comments, he (the reddit person) could have just been someone who got their BRB early due to shipping errors. It's here, down in the comments section.

It's all contradictory though. We've been hearing CSM rumours for the last few months, and a pair of new rumours isn't anything to jump on. There's all the chance that GW are using people to spread false rumours. Until it's up on Faeit, I'm not believing it. Plus we'll probably hear more next week, in WD if not on the site. Assuming that WD hasn't been delayed.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Well with rumors indicating no new chaos AND no new fliers, if true games workshop has really outdone themselves in terms of disappointing us all.

I thought we were about to start an era where gws released things on a reasonable time frame and kept up to date. It seems I was just wishlisting. Call me crazy but I'm finding the lame rumors more likely to be true.

If these rumors hold true then I'm gonna pick up the necron air force in anticipation that it will take gws years to give us proper anti flyer.

Sure it's possible that these rumors are totally made up, but it seems unlikely. It sounds like these guys have seen the white dwarf.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Hmmmm. These new rumours contradict the bits I know are true, but if this leaflet business is right then something pretty damned big needs to have gone wrong with the codex. One way to confirm that: has the codex been recalled from any of the warehouses we've been hearing it's been shipped to? If not, no problems with the book. Which would logically mean a problem with a model due to be released in the first wave: which wouldn't stop the codex coming out. If anything, the flyer would be to add in new releases that were ready, to cover one that may have been delayed.

I would not be surprised in the slightest to see a normal WD, released on time and fully normally. There may be a flyer too explaining a schedule alteration, but I doubt this huge hoohah is accurate. WD simply doesn't change all it's content at the last minute.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #745
BoK has slowly started on their rumours dump. Seems CSM will have Hatred Adeptus Astartes which does make sense. Hmm, come to think of it Sisters of Battle would have Hatred Everyone since they fight Witchcraft, Heresy and Mutation and everyone falls into either :crazy:

Working on the CSM rumor dump right now guys! Here is a tease for you though the CSM will strike with a ”hatred” at the Adeptus Astartes

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hatred for the Adeptus Astartes? DO APPROVE. I most certainly do hate them. I presume that would also include Grey Knights in the form of the marines themselves?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
BoK has slowly started on their rumours dump. Seems CSM will have Hatred Adeptus Astartes which does make sense. Hmm, come to think of it Sisters of Battle would have Hatred Everyone since they fight Witchcraft, Heresy and Mutation and everyone falls into either :crazy:
Or they could just give them the Zealot Rule.
Hatred for the Adeptus Astartes? DO APPROVE. I most certainly do hate them. I presume that would also include Grey Knights in the form of the marines themselves?
It could also include other chaos space marines.

·
Registered
9 Posts
looks more like a teaser for daemons, flash of a plague bearer on the video so may be the much awaited plastic plague bearers preorder from this Saturday

my take on it anyway, would much prefer a new C:CSM dex

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I very confused about What to believe. I'm think a boring daemons release with no codex, but it's honestly hard to say.

I'll be picking up some daemons models anyways. I've been wanting plastic greater daemons forEver.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
its deamons pre order, definitely 4 chaos daemons on that teaser.

plus alot of the range is still metal, far more of it than i realised to be honest,plenty of potential for new plastics certainly, plague bearers are obvious but fiends,screamers and flesh hounds could also move to plastic?
will we see new greater deamons thats the big question?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I wonder if this ties into the "glitches" in the U.S. GW site?

The other day, someone in another part of the forum was wondering why he couldn't order the Flamers of Tzeentch. No one else from the U.S. had replied, so I popped over and noticed that Fateweaver, Epidemius, and the Plaguebearers were also unavailable (listed as "No Longer Available" and the green "Add to Cart" button missing).

As these three kits are metal, it did make me suspicious since these were signs of the kits heading for finecast, but the odd thing is that the Flamers are already finecast (which threw a spanner into the theory).

·
Registered
422 Posts
More stuff from Hastings!

75hastings69 said:
I was going to post this on the other thread but it got closed, so ive made a list of what models the CSM players can expext, note that i dont know if these will all come at once or in waves, some of these (or click fit varients of them) are in the starter box.

Note also that ill not be adding rules or updating this thread in anyway so that will be up to you guys.

I'm expecting the codex to hit late October or early November (depending on if the rumour that the wfb WoC army book isn't out till feb 2013 is true or not - I'm still expecting that book in October)

Upcoming models:-

Dread looks like an angry obliterater on roids!
Obliterators look good but not as good as the "mauler" CC version ;)
Dragon flyer is ok
Two deamonic Centauroid cannon things a bit iffy
Warp smith
Apostles
Cultists
Some odd walker thing
New csm marines (could be recut with added bits? Either way I didn't recognise them as current ones - but then again my 40k fu is weak!)
Chosen very nice too
So basically he confirms what Neil Kerr had said. You can find out the rumors he posted here. I'm getting all antsy now with expectations!

And yeah, no codex this month, or on September. Not even sure about October :(

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
No delays, CSM are due after daemons and they always have been

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #758
Looked at the GW vid and the daemons you see flashing are just pictures from different parts of the current Daemons codex. If we dont get a codex next month it's probably due in October.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Looked at the GW vid and the daemons you see flashing are just pictures from different parts of the current Daemons codex. If we dont get a codex next month it's probably due in October.
I know, its stupid shitty finecast, thats why im saying screw that, give me the chaos dex.

Ive heard that its going to be CSM then WoC though, not the other way around.

741 - 760 of 1100 Posts