Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1100 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes, it's totally obvious. Since FW has never had a model progress to plastic and be included in a codex.

Well, except for Valkyries... and Piranhas...and Venerable Dreads... and Manticores...and etc.

I jsut cannot wait until I can field my Chaos again without feeling like GKs or SWs are so OP. As with the IG book, it will be sweet to hear the cries of "Cheeese!!!" for my Chaos. :biggrin:
I mean that this one is a NEW thing.. If it will come out from GW surely it wont be out so near.. That's all, in my opinion..

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
theDarkGeneral said:
I do love all the enthusiasm that old and new Chaos players have towards our hopefully soon release! Dreadnoughts become useful again is a huge hit with me! (i have 18)

As far as trying to figure out what really is coming out, I did have a thought...i know my buddies mentioned seeing new bikers, but I was a bit "hopeful" that something I mentioned to Phil a couple years ago may come to fruit...Attack Bikers for Chaos, with Reaper Auto-cannons!!! It'd be fluffy in the sense that it's keeping with our themed weaponry as well as makes sense for us to have something "Imperial" yet not quite...heavy bolters or upgraded to Reaper Auto-cannons!

Emperor's Children: My much hated and loathed rivals! LOL! Well...don't rely to heavily on Lash of Submission, as it really comes in line with the current version in the Daemons Codex, which includes only being able to affect a unit once per turn. (FINALLY!) If they kept the vehicle Legion specific upgrades in, then you'll have some cool Dreads and Predators, and "possibly" a new heavier sonic weapon than has a chance to crack Land Raiders. Maybe Rending? Not sure.

I'm soooooo very much looking forward to some new models! Forge World has kept me quite happy (both in Fantasy and 40K), but it'd be nice to have a bunch of new plastic models to chop up and convert and paint and send to war!

IF what i've been told is the 100% truth, we could see Chosen with Jump Packs (expensive), Possessed with Wings (kinda expensive), Chaos Assault Marines (average), and Raptors!!! Speed kills...

AND, on the subject of Chaos Assault Marines...IF the Cult Marines gain access to Jump Pack upgrades (moving their slot), how cool and useful and bad ass would that be?!??!??! Death Guard hopping forward to assault and "flame" up enemy squads? Berzerkers that can get their quickly, collecting skullz along the way? OH...and super psycher Thousand Sons within range of their new powers? If they keep AP3 bolters...ouch!

Ahhhhhh...really wish I knew more!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I do like the idea of having multi codexes to cover just about everything

1, a generic codex to cover non-legion stuff
2, three codexes to cover the legions, and last but not least
3, a codex to cover renegades and the like.

Also previously mentioned, i actually want a flood of Chaos kits, it would be better to drown in a flood of new releases that to literally die of being drip fed over 5 years.

GW needs to get out as much stuff as quick as it can, then move onto the next army.

Why do folks automatically assume that Oblits will come out in Finecast, i have as yet read that this is not a given. I see absolutely no reason to why Oblits can't come out as a three Oblit plastic box set with plenty of parts to cusomise your Oblits, if they come out in Finecast you remove the option to customise your Oblits the way you want. My gut feeling is that they'll come out as plastic and in a 3 x boxed set for about $97.00 not bad really.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Ah I hope the planned changes to Rage do not happen. I like my games of chase the Hornet I play with the local BA Death Company at my store.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Another small note by theDarkGeneral
theDarkGeneral said:
Most of the game costing you randomness is gone, so we'll be able to once again control our Legions with a bloody iron gauntlet! Possessed will be much more dangerous, and as such a viable unit again. I believe a character model allows one or more units to be taken as a Troop.
theDarkGeneral said:
Possessed could end up much like the Ogre Kingdoms Maneaters, which pick two different abilities from a decent lust, before the battle. I'd much prefer simply paying X pts a model for rending if I want it, or keep the models basic and thus cheaper points wise. This is a much better option for us, allowing fexibility.

I've not ignored the questions on Dread Claws, or super sonic speeders, truth is I doubt what i've been told. It's interesting to note that as with many Apocalypse pkastic kits, some were made for "big" things but never released do to 6 sprue count problem and market decline. I believe for Chaos we're really in for a treat ;-)

Some of the sketch work i've been privy to has me saving all my extra cash for the release!!! Someone recently asked me if I was more excited about the Codex or the new models...i'm a Mega-Apocalypse Event organizer and player, so new models get me pumped! The new Codex will be awesome and extend story lines, grant us new rules like improved Havoc Launckers, but there will always be those "sour grapes" complaining their Legion or unit or army design got screwed...ugh...these players aren't true followers of Chaos, and will get ridiculed heavily from me!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
The dark general seems so exited that he is dropping spelling mistakes left and right, most be one hell of a codex.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Yah, but no one is citing me. Or at least I hope they aren't.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Nothing new but interesting none the less
theDarkGeneral said:
Well, The Dude has once again translated nicely what I was trying to say/imply. The Chaos Legions Codex will be full of "uber" power and cool rules and modifications to make current "things" more useful. Will we be Grey Knights? NO! Even mentioning that is an insult to our Dark Masters!

I feel if players want to compare us to other Astartes Codexes, they'll find reasons to be disappointed. We ARE NOT them, but a much more modified version, tainted, corrupted, full of hate and desire for power and millennium age old vengeance! Spiky, vicious, fierce, evil, dark, and cool as hell, that's how I'd describe our new models. As they should be!

Will Alpha Legion get as much attention and love as the World Eaters? Not from GW basic, but then, that's where Forge World comes in! Will Emperor's Children have Hell Knights? Or Silver Towers of Tzeentch for Thousand Sons? Not for a while...but if I were to mention (again) that a plastic kit for a fabled "gunship" and "jackal scout" where done a long time ago, and for GW reasons not released yet, would that excite you?

Well, as for the hopes of Drop Pods/Dread Claws and Hell Talons/Flyers, yeah yeah yeah, I was told we'll get some of those, but I find it hard to believe that GW would give us actual Drop Pods...Dread Claw variants, probably. I doubt Forge World would cry much over the low sales Dread Claw they offer, and probably either upgrade it's rules to be a lil' better/more expensive or just keep it on the back burner for all their other Chaos models being released. Don't expect "exact" Hell Talons, but very fast shoot you up with hvy auto-cannons, I was told yes.

Again, I personally have a lil' hard time believing the inclusion of these into our Legions, but it'd make sense and it'd be VERY welcomed! As for the whining about Grey Knights, the current Chaos Codex can actually defeat them (and Space Wolves), i've done it enough times, however such lists tend to be "rock paper scissor" against most other Armies.

HAHahhahaha...yeah, lil' slip on the "Fex" commentary. I do hope they go with a 2 shot version of the Havoc Launcher!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Good, more things unique to Chaos and less copy/pasted SM toys with a few sharp sticks glued to them.

Any idea as to what the gunship and jackal scout might be? Since he seems to be talking about codex things, I'm guessing it's not the Thunderhawk. One of Tzneetch's flyers?

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Could the gunship be the blight drone, as that would be a nice add on.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Do we know how valid theDarkGeneral's sources are? I mean, I am stoked if these rumors are true, I just don't want to get my hopes up for nothing...

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I think theDarkGeneral is doing an early April fools joke.
I agree. Some of these rumours are preposterous and his own manner of speaking reeks of fanboyism to me.

Some of the stuff mentioned such as Jackal gunships sound more Necron like rather than Chaos.

Also the only units I suspect might even be brought over from FW would be the Dreadclaw and to a lesser extent the Hell Talon (Fighter not the bomber. Might have them mixed up name-wise). Apart from that I expect no more FW toys.

I would much rather than have the Chaos codex split into many which not only puts more problems on GW for lack of updating codexes but instead would prefer a system where the Chaos book is as thick as the current Marine dex if not a little bit more. Apart from that they need to keep the FOC relatively the same but perhaps introduce a "Combat Tactics" style system that changes with different legions. Similar to how the SC in the Marine codex affect players armies by promoting certain units or weapons above others.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Do we know how valid theDarkGeneral's sources are? I mean, I am stoked if these rumors are true, I just don't want to get my hopes up for nothing...
As posted on the front page: "Dont know how reliable theDarkGeneral is but this rumour is interesting none the less, updating info to reflect it"

I dont recognize his name as any reliable rumours monger I've heard of before. He is however one of the few people posting rumours at the moment, all we can do is wait and see.

If he is wrong he will forever be discredited and known as a liar, if he is right he will be heralded as a living saint and whatever he says will become fact!
That's just how the news and rumours "industry" goes...

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
If i remember correctly he was letting out trickles of rumours about Necrons for a little while and he also was one of the ones who mentioned the nid/SW second wave.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I don't know if this info has been posted yet if it has just trash it.
Credit goes to tireless The Dude and TheDarkGeneral

Yet more of that drip, drip, drip we all love. Here's the latest on your favorite Warhammer 40,000 traitors.

via the tireless The Dude and TheDarkGeneral (That's just like your opinion man!)

The book should allow players to field Legion-specific armies that have a uniqueness similar to older Dex's whilst simultaneously allowing flexible mixed force builds.

HQ selections may change:
- what units "count as" (possibly FOC slots, or scoring status)
- wargear upgrades for squads and vehicles
- access to Daemons-Yes Please:yahoo:
- unit sizes (maybe)

Many more flying options in this book such as:
- Chosen with Jump Packs (expensive)
- Possessed with Wings (kinda expensive)
- Chaos Assault Marines (average)
- Raptors

Cult troops could possibly get access to Jump Packs changing their FOC slot (maybe) but most most units are unable to move FOC slots.

Chosen and Possessed could get the most significant overhaul in the codex. HQ characters may be able to take a unit of Chosen as a squad upgrade, thereby not taking up an Elites slot.

Possessed will lose their current "game costing randomness". Example given was Ogre Kingdoms Maneaters, who pick abilities from a list before the game. A particular character may allow one or more units of Possessed to be taken as Troops.

Berserkers Rage rule to return to a Ld test, suffering the Rage USR on a failure. He also said that 2 ideas for Chain Axes have been suggested: Rending, or +1S.

Alpha Legion may be able to grant Infiltration to their transports.

Lash of Submission nerfed to be inline with the version in Codex Chaos Daemons.

Sonic weapon options were tested for Dreadnoughts and Predators - including some heavier new sonic tankbusters.

Apocalypse sized releases for Chaos in the near future , an Autocannon-toting flyer was mentioned.

Finally word of the Havoc Launcher upgraded to two shots.

41 - 60 of 1100 Posts