Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on Bell of Lost souls

If you like Titans, and read Mechanicus over and over - fasten your seatbelts boys and girls. Here is the latest word on the Knight kit.

Here is the latest word on the rumored "Knight Kit"

Knight Kit
- Wraithknight sized (bulkier)
- Slightly hunched Imperial appearance
- Head in chest
- Arm weapons mounted underslung from shoulders like the Reaver
- Comes with multiple arm weapons (you can mount 2)
a) Multi-barreled "gatling" styled weapon
b) "Grav" styled weapon
c) "Nova-cannon" styled weapon
d) Giant close combat weapon

- Optional quad-missile array
- Void Shield
- Many accessories, flags, Aquilas, Mechanicus cogs, minor defensive weapons etc...
- Priced as Lord of Skulls

We rate this set as medium-low reliability coming from a mix of known and unknown sources.

There has been talk of a plastic Knight somewhere in the GW design schedule for many months now. If you recall it was hyped to be the "big kit" to accompany the Space Marine, then IG release, but current rumor-chatter places it as the key release in March as a standalone kit that can be fielded via dataslate with a variety of armies.
A pretty sparse description. It would be interesting if its true and the data slate seems to be a way to release the new models if they are between codexes or don't fit a particular codex.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
If this is true, then Escalation will be everywhere....

Make me some plastic Eldar mini-titan too GW!

(I'm not couting the WK as it's not a Lord Of War)

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If this is true, then Escalation will be everywhere....

Make me some plastic Eldar mini-titan too GW!

(I'm not couting the WK as it's not a Lord Of War)
If a Knight could be counted as a lord of war, but if its the same size as a WK/RT why should it be? It could just be an additional heavy support choice for all imperial forces.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Great yet another thing to rub in non imperial faces.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
If a Knight could be counted as a lord of war, but if its the same size as a WK/RT why should it be? It could just be an additional heavy support choice for all imperial forces.
It could be, but I think GW want to sell more Escalation - if they can drive the sales up on that, they'll sell more Lords of War.

I think this'll be a Lord of War. A wraithknight is already bigger than the chaos Lord of Skulls (IIRC)
If this rumour is true that is :)

Edit: And thinking about it, more D-weapons means a huge meta change.
Bringing screamerstar? no point, I remove your 2++ re-rollable with my d-cannon. It puts cheese against cheese.
If the knight has a d-weapon...

Play 40 Marines? Tired of losing to heldrake spam/screamerstar/taudar?
Buy New Improved 40K Knights! - With Turbo Handling!
Destroy Fateweaver! Kill The fortuned Archon! Eliminate even the toughest stains!
Operators are standing by.
Film at 11.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
If we're on about plastic super heavies, it's not really non-imperial faces though - The Orks have had the Stompa for years and chaos have the lord of skulls, necrons have the super monolith thingy and the transcendent c-tan.. Its Eldar of both types and Tau and no non eldar/tau players will care cause wave serpents and riptides... Although Dark Eldar are relegated to being allowed the same LoW's as craftworld eldar...

Hopefully, this year will see the release of a lord of war in plastic for each army.
And even more hopefully, maybe I'll be able to have a knight for my chaos marines. All they'd need to do is make the same kit again, but pointier :laugh:

·
Registered
720 Posts
If we're on about plastic super heavies, it's not really non-imperial faces though - The Orks have had the Stompa for years and chaos have the lord of skulls, necrons have the super monolith thingy and the transcendent c-tan.. Its Eldar of both types and Tau and no non eldar/tau players will care cause wave serpents and riptides... Although Dark Eldar are relegated to being allowed the same LoW's as craftworld eldar...

Hopefully, this year will see the release of a lord of war in plastic for each army.
And even more hopefully, maybe I'll be able to have a knight for my chaos marines. All they'd need to do is make the same kit again, but pointier :laugh:
Ye just slap on a couple pointy things a couple of skulls and demonic possession and your well away :good:

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Interestingly, I don't see Marines getting their LoW in plastic so maybe the Knight is a substitute unless the fabled plastic Thunderhawk is on its way.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
"Priced as Lord of Skulls" is whats making me think this is a super heavy LoW.

I think this will be an extra LoW for all imperial armies (if it's accurate)
No sense making an imperial kit and excluding people from buying when they can all buy an imperial knight.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
"Priced as Lord of Skulls" is whats making me think this is a super heavy LoW.

I think this will be an extra LoW for all imperial armies (if it's accurate)
No sense making an imperial kit and excluding people from buying when they can all buy an imperial knight.
Sigh...because the IG doesn't have enough super heavies......when can I get a plastic Tau super heavy.

EDIT: IF it is the same price as LoS then....I'm going to try to buy it on ebay.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If this is true then I may have to dust of my dark angels. They've been in hiding since their new codex (there were and still are way too many dark angels players at my lgs). Or maybe my guard can be more than just allies for other armies...

OOOOOOh the possibilities!

Plus I don't like the lord of skulls (he's ugly :puke:) bring back the tower of skulls!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
'Rubbing my lord of war in your face'. Is that a euphemism?
"Are we playing with our lords of war tonight....?" :laugh:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't agree with super heavies in 40k, if you want to play with things that annihilate entire units in one turn and require other super heavies to take them out then your playing the wrong game pick up a copy of Armageddon or epic! 40k is a skirmish game with most sides fielding 30 - 40 soldiers, how is it fun to have them all indiscriminately wiped off the table by the end of turn two? Why should I have to field a heavy support based FOC list just to have any chance of dealing with one model? I actually hate it! Which is not common for me and it's really putting me off a game I've played since primary school

·
Registered
443 Posts
I love the idea of knights and noble houses using them to duke it out ! Reminds me of Mechwarrior, hopefully we will get rule for different type of knights since in fluff there are like 9 kinds ?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Interestingly, I don't see Marines getting their LoW in plastic so maybe the Knight is a substitute unless the fabled plastic Thunderhawk is on its way.
ahh, the fabled 2nd law of occams razor already:
if a thread stays open long enough a plastic thunderhawk will be mentioned:)

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Good Lord you Mechanicus fans are so snobby. Take your Knights and have fun, I'll still run over your Skitarii anyday of the week.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts