Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this statline has been floating about, and said to be baseline stats for Imperial Assassins.

I would assume they would be arriving with the Q1 Grey Knight codex.

WS:8 BS:8 S:4 T:4 W:2 I:7 A:4 Ld:10 SV:4+/4+i

Move thru cover
Fleet
Fearless

Thats quite the upgrade from what we have now, and is taking into account the new high BS rules from the 5th rulebook. I would assume that once dressed up with the various Assassin Clade special rules and equipment these folks would be quite nasty.

Obviously this needs to be taken with the usual large dose of salt.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Ws8? Shit, he will turn most lords to piles of flesh.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
That stat line does seem insanely high...

Then again, if the rumors are true about not being able to run them with GK's then I guess it makes sense.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
i think i'll take a shovelful of salt with that instead of the usual pinch

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oops, my bad.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I still am confused why there is no infiltrate or stealth rules for him. They would make perfect sense.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
This is a wargame; they all specialize in killing shit.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Holy shit that would be so fucking awesome... I wish it is true, but the points cost for that guy would be insane...

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Doesn't seem that bad after all a 10 man unit of khornate marines or berzerkers would still squish him. even regular CSM would stand a chance of killing one if it only killed 2-3 before they could retaliate.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
But one of the main principles of assassins is to attack unseen. Surely with a plain assassin the idea of striking from the shadows (stealth) whilst being close to the target (infiltrate) makes sense?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I'll point out again that it is the rumoured 'Baseline' assassin stats. As said, the different cults may not have been factored into it, so the special rules could be different for each one.

Death cult could work for that shown as they are the bog standard 'rush in kill stuff' assassins, whereas Callidus could get the polymorph rule for hiding in a unit and so forth...

·
4,491 Posts

Move thru cover
Fleet
Fearless

High WS means fuck all. You can have WS 1000000 and your still only hitting on 3+, and getting hit on 5+.
Stupidly high BS means fuck all. Basically, your going to hit, unless you smashed a mirror over the face of a black cat whilst standing under a ladder on friday the 13th. Your only getting 1 shot anyway so whoop-de-doo.
Other stats are crap. 4+inv means nothing, as a vindicare will be in cover anyway. A stray missile will insta-kill him. For the other assassins in combat, PF's will rape them. In fact, anything will rape them.

But the biggest giveaway is the special rules. No stealth? No infiltrate? No scouts?

I call bullshit on this one. Sounds like a 10-year-old with nothing better to do than start rumours claiming to be the head honcho of GW.
Pinch of salt? Ill take a bucket full of acid with this one.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts

Move thru cover
Fleet
Fearless

High WS means fuck all. You can have WS 1000000 and your still only hitting on 3+, and getting hit on 5+.
Stupidly high BS means fuck all. Basically, your going to hit, unless you smashed a mirror over the face of a black cat whilst standing under a ladder on friday the 13th. Your only getting 1 shot anyway so whoop-de-doo.
Other stats are crap. 4+inv means nothing, as a vindicare will be in cover anyway. A stray missile will insta-kill him. For the other assassins in combat, PF's will rape them. In fact, anything will rape them.

But the biggest giveaway is the special rules. No stealth? No infiltrate? No scouts?

I call bullshit on this one. Sounds like a 10-year-old with nothing better to do than start rumours claiming to be the head honcho of GW.
Pinch of salt? Ill take a bucket full of acid with this one.
Agreed. Also, I really think it will be pure GK with no Inquisitors, so I really don't see Assassins fitting in all that well.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
WS and BS are too high.

Higher than that of the Phoenix Lords and Various Marine characters.

Why would a bog standard assassain be a better fighter than Abbadon or Calgar?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Because, sometime between picking his nose and crapping his pants, some little dipshit 10 year old decided it was a good idea.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well with the upward trend of awesomeness IG to Space Wolves to Blood Angels to Dark Eldar I would not be surprised by anything really

1 - 20 of 37 Posts