Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I forgot that Daemons even existed, despite the 3000+ point army sitting in my closet.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/03/...howComment=1394578039079#c1504259192063669199

The next White Dwarf will not contain the Ogryns, Scions, or even the Hydra. According to someone with the White Dwarf there will be an Apocalypse book with a formation for Imperial Knights, and something new..... a dataslate for Chaos Daemons.

Please remember that this is a still considered to be a rumor, but it does appear that most of the Imperial Guard leaks we have been seeing are for the following week.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
just saw the next WDW, it's about apocalypse formation of knight, and a
book of apocalyspe will be sold.
nothing about the new guard ogryns or scions etc...
painting articles about metabrutus, pages about apocalypse, a dataslate for
daemons (exalted chariot tzench)
and a datasheet for a paladin formation in
apocalypse.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Is that the chariot that is worthless because it has a heavy weapon and due to the chariot rules it can only either move or shoot?

Are we going to pay for a patch to fix the obviously flawed original content? Seriously?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Is that the chariot that is worthless because it has a heavy weapon and due to the chariot rules it can only either move or shoot?

Are we going to pay for a patch to fix the obviously flawed original content? Seriously?
whos line.jpg

Where the game designers don't try and the rules don't matter.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

No, they just want us to think that. What it really is, is an Apocalypse-like dataslate which provides it all sorts of incredibly useful bonuses and rules, but they don't change how the unit actually work at all.

And the bonuses the dataslate do provide, will function like the chariots weapon does now: Not at all.

Or am I being overly cynical now? Shit, I don't care. I'm calling it right now. That dataslate will not fix the chariot, only piss those who own one off even more. I'll be eating my own, soiled underwear before I believe GW actually cares about fixing their broken rules.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm pretty sure I heard over on warseer that the ogryns, AM and such were getting released in April--that their WDW and preorders were going up on the 29th. I could be wrong, but the way I see it, ANY SOURCE is just as reliable, if not moreso, than faeit.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm pretty sure I heard over on warseer that the ogryns, AM and such were getting released in April--that their WDW and preorders were going up on the 29th. I could be wrong, but the way I see it, ANY SOURCE is just as reliable, if not moreso, than faeit.
You know what? You'd be the kid who gets left behind while the rest of us snort pixie dust and fly off to Never Never Land. HAVE FUN GROWING UP!

Wtf, Tinkerbell doesn't want 28 year-olds? I swear, I'm not a grown up! I won't molest Peter Pan!

·
Registered
633 Posts
If the IG stuff is a couple of weeks away, and we've seen it already, surely something coming out this week would have been seen already as well?
we saw the helbrute a couple weeks out. I don't see why this couldn't also be a relatively early leak.

ALSO: screw that. we can throw a party TEN TIMES BETTER than anything neverland has to offer simply by spiking the jungle juice with pcp. :)

ALSO ALSO: the only reason children don't grow up in neverland is because peter pan kills them before they do. I mean, killing is kinda what elves and fairies do.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
"Please remember that this is a still considered to be a rumor, but it does appear that most of the Imperial Guard leaks we have been seeing are for the following week."

Isn't the following week the week after next? Leaving this upcoming week a bit of a mystery, no?

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some more info on this nonsense:

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/03/details-on-this-weeks-releases.html

Someone that has claimed to have this week's White Dwarf lets loose today with some details about the Exalted Flamer, Imperial Knight Formations and more.

Of course these are rumors, as we have not seen anything official on the release front of things. However if true, I really like that they are using the model for the Exalted Flamer and giving it some rules.

via an anonymous reader here on Faeit 212
Exalted Flamer
I have the WD7, and the rules released are for the Exalted flamer without
his chariot (since heralds occasionally steals it):
Marine stats with 3W 3A Ld7. HQ that takes up a Herald slot.
IC infantry, no jump, can't buy further gifts Blue and Pink fire. Also
Fantasy stats, but I am not into that currently. So, not a cashgrab or
improvement on the chariot itself, just a way to use the model if you took
the herald on the disc instead. Apparently they asked Jervis because they
thought it was a waste of the model.

Imperial Knight Formation
Household Spearhead is 3-5 Knights in an armoured spearhead, 1 of which is
a Knight Warlord (I assume he gets a warlord trait, at least he is a
Seneschal). They have either Interceptor or scout, chosen when deployed.

Apocalypse Damocles
Damocles will have Tau Paradox Squadron, Sun shark bombers with a D weapon.
Tau Ranged Support Cadre, who double their number of markerlights.

Helstorm Squadron of Hellhounds with Instant Death helstorm template.

The following are the ones they show the full page of. Tiny text as usual,
but readable.
*Piranha firestream Squadron; 5 piranha that, if they end deployment within
6" of a table edge, they can enter ongoing reserve, then enter again with
full numbers again, fully repaired. Always enter play on second turn.

*Ethereal council; 1-5 ethereals, 01 Aun'va, 01 Aun'Shi. 24" Failure is not
an option, bleeds one Strategic victory point, everyone can invoke one
additional elemental power.
Focus seems to be on Shadowsun, House Terryn, Raven Guard and White Scars

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ALSO: screw that. we can throw a party TEN TIMES BETTER than anything neverland has to offer simply by spiking the jungle juice with pcp. :)

ALSO ALSO: the only reason children don't grow up in neverland is because peter pan kills them before they do. I mean, killing is kinda what elves and fairies do.
LzB03c6Dc10

I let Denzel say it, because if I said to you, "I didn't know you liked to get wet," gods only know how awful your response would have been for me.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I let Denzel say it, because if I said to you, "I didn't know you liked to get wet," gods only know how awful your response would have been for me.
l3A1PtHQGOQ

I don't really know how to respond to that (EDIT: without making a REALLY dirty joke anyway), so have some oriental metal.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
I like the idea that they're doing something with the Flamer itself. Good on them for once.

I like the idea of them putting out alternate/new rules for stuff like this so you can use the bits and bobs you have left over. I hope to see more in the future like it too.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like the idea that they're doing something with the Flamer itself. Good on them for once.

I like the idea of them putting out alternate/new rules for stuff like this so you can use the bits and bobs you have left over. I hope to see more in the future like it too.
Any expansion of a codex that creates new units is cool IMO. I need to look at the rules for mine, as I have one of these floating around in a box somewhere.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Cool that they're doing something with the Ex. Flamer hisself, but a model with a flamer that has the Heavy rule is still going to be piss-useful, even if it is Torrent. Or the alternate mode of the 18" Heavy shot. DS him in and spend a turn derping? If you try to get him somewhere he has line of sight on an enemy unit, they'll have line of sight on him in return, and can probably move more of their units to shoot at him. Or can move out of sight, if you're trying to angle the terrain so as not to expose yourself. Or will be in assault range. Etc.

Even in a unit of Flamers, those Flamers will be trying to move into range for their own attacks, not having Torrent; unless you conga-line out to the enemy so the Ex. Flamer can sit still (in which case every member of the conga line will be out of Flamer range), none of the Flamers will be able to attack. Or can't charge, if he shoots.

So, what? You deepstrike right into the enemys' faces, since they won't charge your brutal Overwatch, and get a good hooting turn after he's had his chance to brutalize your squad? Too bad none of the Tzeentch fast units can carry a banner for a no-scatter DS; even if you bring another god's banner for reduced scatter, you have to place the Flamers in range of mishapping onto that banner bearer to get the benefit of reduced scatter. Anybody else bitterly amused by that? Has to be within 6", with a D6" scatter.

Yeah, you can take him with a crapload of Nurgle rolling on Biomancy and hope for Endurance. That's about the only way he'd be viable: with Relentless.

If the dataslate gives him Relentless, I will giggle and caper with glee; I will eat every single one of my words--no really, I will print out a copy of this post and film myself eating it and post it in this thread, and do it happily--but I'm not counting on it. If the non-chariot Ex. Flamer had Relentless, why on earth wouldn't the in-chariot Ex. Flamer have it?

...sorry. Still a bit bitter that one of the potentially best units in the codex, the Daemonic glass cannon-cum-Heldrake, got utterly entirely totally broken to the point of worthlessness by one little rule quirk.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Double posting since I've seen the rules and my last post was yesterday.

Long story short: unless they FAQ it no one is going to use the darn thing in 40k. He still can't move and shoot. On the other hand the Fantasy version can. Go figure.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts