Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I am clear on the percentages but are we still limited to the number we can have in our army like 3 speacial and 3 rare from the army book,or is it now as many as we want as long as it is under the percentages because I have seen an army with like 9 warmachines and I was like HUH....

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Its % for the army total, but additionally to that you can only have 3 special and 2 rare choices of any 1 type in games under 3k, which doubles in games over 3k.
So a dwarf army at 2k can only have 2 organ guns, but culd take 4 if playing 3k. There are

There are ways to get round these limits though- HE just ignore them and any 2for1 slot still works. So again using dwarves they can take 6 bolt throwers at 2k since they are 2for1 and they can take 3 of any one special choice normally.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Their FAQ- they used to get extra special/rare slots but since this is now irrelevant the FAQ just changed it to no repeat limitations... so at 2k HE can have 5 RBT instead of 2, then again it isnt all that gay since DE can take 4 (2for1 on their RBT). It really isnt all that good if Im honest- RBTs and eagles arent all that good. RBT find it harder to hit big monsters and there are less of the cavalry units around that they were designed to kill while eagles might be killier then before but their principle role was as a march blocker and that rarely works now. Special choices are better, but the points needed for something like 4 units of SM/WL/PG would be huge (though I now have the image of 4 blocks of 20 pheonix guard in a 2750pt game, if you could convince anyone to play that point level).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts