Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very, very basic question that I need to post to settle an on going disagreement—and to make sure that I’m clear on the rules. As you’ve guessed it has to do with ruins and TLoS.

I’ve always played that if you are inside ruins (the GW half-building type) and in base contact with a wall you can ignore TLoS and shoot through the wall.
Is this correct?

My brother says that you can always draw LoS through ruins…even if you’re several inches away. Is this right?

How do you treat ruins?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
If you can't see your target you can't shoot it (unless you have a special rule). Always use true line of sight, ruins or no ruins.

·
Registered
468 Posts
neither of you are correct as necrosis says TLoS is exactly as it sounds, if you can't see it you can't shoot it unless you have some special rule that overrules TLoS

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my argument is that if you can move through a wall, and assault through a wall, you should be able to knock a hole in it to shoot/see from. does anyone play like this? perhaps it's just something I pulled from my ass. :so_happy:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've never met a ruin without lots of holes in its walls, that's what makes it a ruin instead of a building. Maybe you don't have access to artistically detailed ruins though, which is fine; you'll simply have to do what the BRB suggests, which is that you and your opponent discuss how you want to treat your terrain and then both of you treat it in that exact manner at all times.

·
Registered
468 Posts
my argument is that if you can move through a wall, and assault through a wall, you should be able to knock a hole in it to shoot/see from. does anyone play like this? perhaps it's just something I pulled from my ass. :so_happy:
I've never met a ruin without lots of holes in its walls, that's what makes it a ruin instead of a building. Maybe you don't have access to artistically detailed ruins though, which is fine; you'll simply have to do what the BRB suggests, which is that you and your opponent discuss how you want to treat your terrain and then both of you treat it in that exact manner at all times.
The question was can you shoot through [insert anything]?

The answer is if you can see the target you can shoot it, there's nothing complicated about it, if there's holes in a wall/ruin/whatever and you can see the target you can shoot it.

There's no room for argument with regards to RAW it's very clear, but if you want to change those rules thats cool too long as everyone involved agree's.

·
Registered
270 Posts
at this point, a quick discussion pre-game regarding these kinds of things can avoid arguments and ruining a good game mid game. Enjoy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts