Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the ruined addition to my first urban apartment style building. I'm thinking about making some wall slabs that have circular blast holes in them so that floors other than the top can have battle damge add ons, but I haven't gotten there quite yet. I have finished up another style of building, with more of a commercial/warehouse look. I'll get some pics up of that one in a couple days I hope.

Unruined...

To Ruined...

See me on Facebook right here

Red Dragon Terrain

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looking good. May I suggest to make your terrain is more detailed consider painting tiny imperial propaganda poster, fliers or add tagging. Weather the brick with some dirt and grim would also add a lot of character. Though Red brick looks out f place in a Gothic "grey" setting of 40k, I like the brick cause the Imperium contains tens of thousands of worlds, looking widely different. Make it look grittier and worn and you have some great looking terrain there!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the poster idea, but I'm not sure where to get them. Are there any good sites to get PDFs of them in 28mm scale?

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I know GW did some poster sheets at one point. I think they may have been in a WD. I'll have to have a think about it as I have a copy of it in the house.

However we do have the following images posted right here on heresy, here is a linky.

What did you use to make the terrain as I like the redbrick texture.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
What about graffiti? Always makes stuff look MORE urban.

Also i was thinking, for a ruined building... It looks awfully Clean and Brand-new. Add some dark tones to it, make it look worn down, not like it was built the same day it had a missile through the wall.

Constuctive advice meant, sorry if i come across hard :)

EDIT: Also, what did you use to make this. I think i saw another thread by you explaining, but i didn't see it on 1st page

1 - 7 of 7 Posts