Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked around a bit and am having a very hard time finding a wide variety of rubber molds. I managed to pick up a few for making rocks at Hobby Lobby but I can't find a single store that sells molds for sand bag emplacements. I figured a quick google search would turn up gold but all I found was tutorials on using the molds not where to buy them. My google-fu appears to be weak with this subject and I wonder if anyone out there knows of any online retailers that sell rubber molds that are great for 40k terrain, particularly sand bags. Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
111 Posts
hey mate, you could make your own mould using an rtv silicone rubber mould making kit.. comprising of the silicone and a catalyst.. something like this. Im not sure of where you could get them over in the US though.. try US fibre glass supplies.. thats the type of thing you would be looking at for casting resins and plasters in... be sure to pick up a mould release agent too! Its usually a 10:1 mix of silicone to catalyst!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hirst Arts has an excellent selection of plaster/resin molds. Combination of gothic and scifi line can make some good 40k buildings and machinery.

I have used the feed bags from the fantasy accessories mold to make sandbags for an 40mm base, but it does not lend itself well to mass producing sandbag walls. These are the feed bags from the hirst arts mold sold in a bunch rather than getting the mold and casting the one bit a million times. Itar's Workshop

Or you may be able to just find pre-made sandbag walls. I know a friend who has a set of them, though I'm not sure the manufacturer, and they were a bit too straight for my liking,

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Nice link revenant. The mould do look pricey. But I would be quite interested in doing the space hulk layout. Gives a good idea for a dual scenario where you have to storm an underground base with a defending force on a above ground board.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Nice link there Revent I really like the molds and it actually provided me with some molds for other things that I am working on saving me a bunch of time.

Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts