Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Do you think rough rider are good to use?

• Yes

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.3%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about the rough riders in the IG, I just have one, and I thinking about getting a squad of them I just. Are they wroth getting?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hells yeah, as long as you equip them with hunting lances. They can run down marine assault squads if they get the charge (which they do if you play them right). If you don't like the models that GW makes for them, you might look up some conversion ideas though.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I don't like the idea of horses on a 40K battlefield.

I've seen talk of people mounting their Rough Riders on Dark Elves Cold Ones, now that's an idea I like the sound of.

·
Registered
86 Posts
YES! Especially when guard don't have many choices for fast attack! I intend to get the Forgeworld Death Korp Rough Riders after I get the Inf. painted up!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
They are brilliant on the charge being able to run down the stongest of squads and they are very cheap points wise however although I have a Load of em I find that their basic 40k models are not that cool any pics for Ideas anyone?

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Always liked rough riders, but there have never really been any decent models. I would love to get the Forge world ones, but a squad of 5 for £50 is just too much, especially when I would want to use a full squad of 10.

·
Registered
86 Posts
humakt-
they (FW) most certainly are costly! But they look great! When I get around to purchasing some, I'll most likely will get a few at a time! Of course this doesn't change the price, just makes it easier to handle that price.

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
They can be very effective and are cheap enough to take 'the risk' of getting some. I'm personally sticking with a small 6 man group, with lances, veteran sergeant and carapace armour (not the best choice, but fits the theme of my future traitor guard force).

·
Registered
599 Posts
effective if your looking for counter assault.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I proxied some in a LaTD list and found them to be quite worthy of use. They are cheap enough that you can risk them as and when and it doesn't damage you too much if they fall flat on their face. They rarely do and always seem to pay for themselves. Good for elite hunting on the charge or tank hunting with melta bombs.

Personally I would like to see a unit mounted on space marine bikes. Rough riders is a sufficiently loose term to warrant a mech conversion and bikes might be a nice addition and a different take on the unit. I know bikes have thier own rules but I imagine there are more than just SM bikes in the 40k world and a little conversion and imagintaion could yield a wonderful result in my opinion.

Zeldrin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts