Aspiring Champion - Power Weapon, Melta Bombs
- Rhino, Extra Armour

9 Thousand Sons
Aspiring Sorcerer

9 Thousand Sons
Aspiring Sorcerer

Heavy Support:

2 x Obliterators

It is just a rough idea, therefore I have not included points costs. Feedback? Improvments?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
you could do without the termies and your LR.

with the set up they have, they are not very Khornate, IMO (Khorne is not about shooting at things)

so i'd lose that, the Chaos Lord and the melta bombs for rhinos on the TSons, a Chaos Sorc., Kharn, and a few more Oblits.

good hunting.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you could do without the termies and your LR.

with the set up they have, they are not very Khornate, IMO (Khorne is not about shooting at things)

so i'd lose that, the Chaos Lord and the melta bombs for rhinos on the TSons, a Chaos Sorc., Kharn, and a few more Oblits.

good hunting.
Yeah, but thats the point of it, its kinda trying to make it a balanced kinda force. The Zerkers to stalk and annhialate the opposition, and the thousand sons to finish them off, or visa versa with thousand sons shooting them off.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Power fists never go well with Chaos Lords. They have the same strength as a plain, ol' Aspiring Champion, and can get singled out in combat, so they have a good chance of dying before they can do antyhing. Plus, they can't take retinues. If you're going for a Lord, take a Daemon Weapon. A Khornate Lord with Wings and Bloodfeeder can be a nasty assault unit.

However, Kharn or a Daemon Prince would probably be a better choice. I'd also add a squad of CSMs too. Also, Thousand Sons need Rhinos to be most effective.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
However, Kharn or a Daemon Prince would probably be a better choice. I'd also add a squad of CSMs too. Also, Thousand Sons need Rhinos to be most effective.
Lucky I have Kharne then :D. I shall also be looking into getting a couple of Rhinos soon. At the moment I'm stuck with the two, they would be on my "ideal" list.

EDIT: What would you reccommend for the CSM squad? Weapons-wise? And should I give them an Icon?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts