Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, some of you may of noticed i recently posted up some pics of the Flames of war army I have started. Just finished the panthers and added some nice rust to the exhaust. So i have three command vehicles, a platoon of three panthers and a platoon of four. which in the right list is an entire army right there.

I also have a pic of the test mini for infantry, i loved painting all those dots on the tanks i thought why not do them on the infantry as well so i decided to to do SS pea dot. like with the tanks i have upped the scale of the dots on the infantry to make the scheme more recognizable.

close up photos of the infantry make them look a little darker than they are due to having to compensate for there shiny secret weapon wash in the recesses. I normal wouldn't want a shiny shade, but i find it helps to make the details stand out on the table for such a small scale.

hope you all enjoy and any suggestions would be helpful.

and the panthers

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
they look gorgeous! how much time for that 5 grenadiers? they could as well be a top notch standard for your army

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
wow not so fast, then. but if you don't ned them in a rush, go for it straigh ahead!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Slow going is what i like to do when i paint for myself. especially now the weather is warming up i can sit in my studio at home with the door open relax and just whine away the day.

The others will probably speed up once I have done a few more.

They are both PSC. I rather like the minis, good value for money and great kits with lots of good detail.

I am using grey wolf, more down to its the book i have for them, but i have a fair bit of stuff for them anyway. 10 panzer Iv's, some stugs, a full company in halftracks including mortars panzershreks etc. so lots to play around with and lots to paint.

Gonna be going for a SS panzer grenadier force. but will probably just be playing a SS panzer kompanie for now as i have the panthers painted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts