Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!!!

I am currently having a bit of a row about how useful roleplay is as a learning tool.
I don't mean D&D or Vampire, I mean the stupid stuff you have to do in training sessions and group therapy.
Personally I hate it and fail to see any benefits especially when you have to do it when you really don't want to.
My problem is that I can't find any studies on it at all, either for or against, anywhere!
Does anyone know if there are any studies, statistical data or evidence arguing either side or is it just something that 'seems to work so we'll carry on regardless'?

I would be greatful for any help!

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
being a drama guy and not a therapy person(i suffer from depression so i'm not the best person to say whats what with the mind) but it's done to see the other person(s) point of view but it doesn't work if you don't try to get into the head of the person. It's hard to explain but there is a reason why phyceatrics use this method

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
It probably all comes down to learning styles in one way or another. Learning Styles are pretty controversial but a lot of people seem to put some weight to them. Participating in a role play would be akin to Kinesthetic learning in many ways so will help people who prefer that style of learning. It will never work if the person doing it doesn't want to learn though as with all things. I guess a good role play scenario would include all three main types of learner and be the most inclusive.

Aramoro

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand the reasons for doing it I just can't find any evidence that it works or doesn't.
It bugs me that it seems to have become this wonderful way of apparently solving problems with no research into whether or not it really works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts