Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now that i have played some games in 7th and have the rules distinguished in my head from 6th i can give my thoughts on the all powerful taudar list. i have heard and read that people are saying that taudar is dead in 7th because tau and eldar are no longer battle brothers. in my opinion this doesn't make taudar dead it just changes how its played.

in 6th edition the eldar allies in a taudar list where there to give out physic powers and boosts to the tau making them more effective. however now that the eldar cant do that they either have to leave the list or change roles in the list. just before 7th edition came out i had got a wraith knight and was eager to try it out so i got it into some games in 6th but it didn't really have a huge effect staying back and shooting with everyone else. then when 7th edition dropped and my farseer + riptide combo became ineffective and with the new malefic powers i started to use my wraith knight, farseer and 3 jet bikes and my wave serpent with 5 dire avenger to push into the middle of the board and attract a lot of fire power summoning some daemons to be annoying and make a huge buffer in the middle of the table that my opponent must destroy or move around buying me more time to shoot my opponent with my tau.

in short in my list i decided to keep in the eldar but there role has changed from boosting my tau to attracting firepower so that my tau can do what they do and shoot stuff to bits. the other small change i made with my list was including another farseer since i already had 2 troops for my eldar and i am guarenteed 6 warp charge to statistically be able to summon a unit of pink horrors. another quick note on summoning is that i like to get pink horrors because they make me an extra warp charge point and make quite a large physical impassible footprint on the table. so there for letting get more pink horrors to extend that footprint on the table.

just showing you how effective this is i have won my last 6 games where as when i was using my eldar just to boost my tau i was winning MAYBE 1 out of every 5 games.

so if your a tau player and you have some tough eldar units try it out see if it works out for you. and tell me do you agree or disagree any ways to improve it.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
A Wraithknight is a guaranteed speedbump that if you try to ignore, will happily tear through a unit or two a turn. Wave Serpents are the best transport in the game bar none. Yeah, you can make your army more competitive by adding Eldar Allies--anyone can. Heck, even Tyranids can, nowadays.

Using the Ghosthelm to get off Malefic powers without perilsing is a nice touch to add to the Eldar contingent, certainly. I like it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The eldar in total cost about 800 points with a kitted out wraithknight and wave serpent along with 2 farseer and 3 jetbikes. Another fun trick with eldar and maleficent powers is the spirit stone of anath'lan reducing the warp charge cost of EVERY power cast by that farseer. So instead of using on average 6 warp charge for the summoning i only use 4.meaning that on the first turn i only need a role of a 4 for warp charge points instead of 6 at the start of the phsycic phase to get 2 summoning a off.

I will be posting the exact list soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.