Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Just a quick one as I am writing my dissertation:(.

With regards to fluff, a game system that cannot remember, included fluff/small stories as the rules developed.

For example: Consider a generic character, a piece is giving why he was sent to Rogue Planet and how he arrived (grav shute out the back of flyer, so it wouldn't have to land? Used as an introduction piece), another piece on first impressions, arming himself (weapons rules), joining a gang (forming the players gang), first combat (shooting and assault rules), becoming the gang leader (experience system), etc.

This should highlight how the game system is different from other systems in that the rules are based in reality and can be seen happening in fluff. Does that make sense?

It may be a micro aspect at the moment, but I thought I would post it rather than forget it.

Jez, are you looking for a "brainstorming" session at the moment, where all ideas are accepted, until they are consider and either rejected or used?

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
There's been a huge development today.

I was chatting to Rich (owner of Wayland Games) about publishing costs etc and he's offered to publish this for us. Obviously, that means we need a whole new game system, universe and background. I'm uber motivated to do this, being a Games Developer has always appealed, being a games developer and actually forging the history of an entire universe is a dream come true.

For this to work though we're going to need a professional approach. I'm going to go away for a bit now and hit up some games development forums to help figure out a plan of action. In all likelihood I'll be looking for a small team of 10 or so people to help with this, we'll need separate hosting, a means to playtest (vassal, realworld etc) and a lot of commitment.

One thing I will say though is that I'm as tenacious as an escaped rapist with a tube of cherry flavoured lubricant - this game will be completed and it'll put all other games to shame.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Actually scratch all of that, after reading the entire thread I'm not actually cut out for this work, good luck anyway guys.:victory:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You could also do injuries like in the 40k compendium and have injuries applied to individual models during the game, but they could get back up after so many turns after recieving medical attention and stuff

ie
D100 Result Downtime Penalty
01-05 superficial wound 1/1 None
06-10 Light wound left arm 2/1 -1 BS with weapon in that/both hands, -1 WS
etc...

Down time is the number of turns needed before the model may act again, first number is normal ganger helping, second number is with a ganger with the medic skill

After the game roll a D6 for each injury other than a superficial or light injury on a 6 it becomes permanent if severe and a 5+ if critical, you can re-roll one result (per gang) if you have a medic.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts