Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Finally finished the initial set of rules for playtesting.

http://www.heresy-online.net/RoguePlanetWIPRules.pdf

I added 4 different example weapons to playtest with. If you play games with 8 fighters per side. Equipped with 2 of each of these then post your observations here we'll assess where we stand.

All observations are welcomed. If you want to have a go at rewriting the rules to make them clearer please post your clarifications and changes here also.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Looks pretty clean cut. My only suggestion would be to alter the test to see if you hit with a ranged weapon. Instead of having weapon modifiers that alter the default value of 11, and other situations that alter the dice roll as well. Just have all modifiers be done to the dice roll instead, its easier and less to keep track of.

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah there's a few changes to be made to the file in the next couple of hours. We had a big 4 way game playtesting yesterday and came up with a lot of niggly issues.

Obviously the explanations need to be clearer and more professional too so I'll get someone with experience to do that. :)

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Only thing I don't get is why attempting to hit is a modifiable value and hit location is not, shouldn't they be linked more. Like if I needed a 17 to hit someone and I managed to get the 17, so I barely hit. But than I am 6 over the hit location required of 11, so I get to increase the location by 3. Would it work better to be a straight difference between the required difficulty and what was rolled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts