Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
As the dodo. Stormed the bridge of the chaos ship Sword of Sacrilege to buy time for the rest of the imperial fleet to catch and destroy the chaos fleet. Corpse is encased in Amber in a chapel on Phalanx apart from his hands which are incased in their own display with previous chapter masters names inscribed on them. I think in some of the older fluff it said they only found his hands on the bridge after he stormed it, but even then i always thought they meant his hands were the only salvageable remains. Either way all the recent fluff confirms he's dead

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
And to be honest he died a fantastically heroic death- storming an enemy battleship with the few veterans remaining to him, turning the ship's guns on the rest of the enemy fleet and keeping control of it until he was finally overwhelmed. Buying enough time for the Imperial Fists & Navy to arrive and utterly crush the Chaos Fleet without them even making it past Cadia.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sad, hes my favorite primarch. Some part of me wants him to be alive, but SpikeyBaron is right when he says he did die a heroic death. It would suck if somehow he was captured and brought to Perturabo in an Iron Cage. That would be Ironic.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Makes you wonder though, if the Primarchs were the ultimate weapon the Emperor could cojure then what's left to the Imperium now, when pretty much every primarch fell under the sword of chaos... *sigh*

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Chaos killed 3 to 4 and lost it's best weapon and possibly created it's largest threat. And, really, the daemon primarchs are useless now.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Russ didn't get drunk and wonder off, he went to hunt down the traitors and save his father.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Chaos killed 3 to 4 and lost it's best weapon and possibly created it's largest threat. And, really, the daemon primarchs are useless now.
Let's see, 9 Primarchs fell to chaos during the Horus Heresy, 2 were deleted from existence, and as for the remaining 9, none is alive, 2 or three are lost (incidentally chasing chaos), the other 7 are dead as disco. However I cannot assure that these 7 died because a fight with chaos (although I can tell you they didn't die because of tyranids, Tau, Necrons or Orks).

So that makes the majority of this Imperium bad-asses fell to chaos, either by corruption or by the sword (and/or bolter fire if you want:biggrin:).

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Not by the sword though. "when pretty much every primarch fell under the sword of chaos... *sigh". Under the swords is an expression that means killed so when you say they fell under the swords of chaos it would seem to point that they were killed by chaos which is not the case.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Russ didn't get drunk and wonder off, he went to hunt down the traitors and save his father.
We know he left for the Eye of Terror, probably in pursuit of the traitors but the bit about saving the Emperor is just hear say that's not even mentioned in all the stories regarding Russ leaving.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
I don't care, to say he was a drunk who just went of a bender and wondered off to the eye is just stupid.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not really If you look at the history he got up and did one In the middle of a great feast, as to say he was drunk now being a marine and a primmarch at that one must admit, you have to take the statement with a pinch of salt, the emperor thing is BS as far as i know.

You were a tad touchy on the point, I have been a space wolf player on and of since before you were born so i have a lot of fondness toward them.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Sorry, I got a bit bitchy. I was just tired of people calling wolves stupid drunkerds, you will have to forgive me for the outburst. And yeah, he did try and throw a spear at a moon, mostly because he hated the damned thing, but, yeah, he did do it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i think it would be awesome if Dorn still lived, i mean come on Chaos has pretty much all there primarchs still kicking.

I would love it if he escaped and is fighting chaos/nids/eldar etc cloak and dagger style.

Is a shade of hope for the imperium bad? It would be insane reading about an alive primarch killing those chaos biatches

1 - 19 of 19 Posts