Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
12,822 Posts
What RAW? Your rules must be different than mine.

Sometimes a unit entry will include a transport option, allowing a vehicle to be selected together with the unit. These Dedicated Transports do not use up a slot on the force organisation chart, but count as having the same role as the unit they were bought for all other rules purposes.
Those are the benefits for what a Dedicated Transport is. I.e, they do not use a FoC slot, and count as the same Battlefield Role as the unit they're bought for; i.e have Objective Secured when a Troop Dedicated Transport in CAD, for example.

In addition, as if that wasn't enough, there are special rules for what happens when units deploy with Dedicated Transports; i.e Infiltrate. Infiltrate normally affects all models in the unit, but if the unit has a Dedicated Transport, then if it was part of the unit anyway, it would recieve that benefit normally.

I can see the thinking behind it, but it's not part of the unit, just an option that allows a non-FoC unit.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.