Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quck question, last night I was playing a BT player, and this came up. I had about 20 guys assualting a group, and 1 guy was left. All the men assualting were in combat (aka can't be shot). He had a second crusader squad that he moved up about 6 inches, but he was just out of assualt range. My turn came around, and I shot at the squad with my Baal pred, taking out a total of like 5 guys or something. He then did righteous zeal after passing his test, and rolled 6. This put him at like under half an inch from my guys, yet if it's my turn he cannot assualt me right?

If you understand, please explain to me what would happen there.

And one other quick question before I forget. I have been playing Death Company with Lemartes attached on my Blood Angels. When I charge a unit, I get rending attacks on a 6. Now, when I use Litanies of Hate on the DC, and I roll say, 3 6's out of 12 dice, do those 3 count as rending attacks aswell or do re-rolls not apply?

Thanks!

·
Registered
325 Posts
A] It depends on what the wording for rightous zeal actually says. If it says they can get into combat then they can (which I believe is what it says)

B] Any to-hit roll of a 6. Re-rolls are still to hit rolls. However you only re-roll die that miss. So any 3-5's are hits and cannot be re-rolled.

·
Registered
811 Posts
yes, he can do that. if you shoot him, and that puts him into base-to-base via the righteous fury special rule, then they fight in the assault that turn. keep in mind that someone from that squad must be in base to base, otherwise that squad cannot fight.
also, they do not get any bonus attacks for charging

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Question... if he was out of assualt range in his turn which is 6 inches how was his move in your turn from RF at 6 inches put him in BtB?? 6 inches shouldnt change.

·
Registered
811 Posts
he cannot move his guys in the assault phase, only at the end of shooting.
which means that if he doesn't make it, then he doesn't make it.

however, with various conditions, the best case scenario that they could righteous fury is 9" so even if he was out of range to charge the previous turn, Righteous fury could get him there on your shooting phase.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question... if he was out of assualt range in his turn which is 6 inches how was his move in your turn from RF at 6 inches put him in BtB?? 6 inches shouldnt change.
That was my shot at an example from the game, honestly I couldn't/can't remember exactly how it happened, wether he just didn't assualt or whatever, but really I just want to know if it would count as an assualt, which it does so that's cool.

One more question, he had a vow that allows him to try and nullify 'major pshycic powers'. What exactly is the diffrence between minor and major?

·
Registered
275 Posts
right i have a similar question

when do you roll your leadership thing as the codex seems to imply as soon as you lose a module roll or is it at the end of your turn??

yes you can charge from it but if he wastnt 6" from you in his turn he cant be in your turn
thanks
martin

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
There are no more minor psychic powers left in the game

·
Registered
811 Posts
the way we play that one is psychic powers that do damage or kill or wound or somthing like that are considered major powers, others that have effects like forcing you to re-roll your saves if you pass (to have more chance of failing) or a psychic power that makes you move slower if you fail a leadership or something are considered minor.

those were just examples, I didn't look anything up.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was it. Thanks, that jogged my memory. He was within one inch of other units in combat. So he would have assualted me in the next phase (same turn) but without a charge bonus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts