Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to convert a couple of terminator preists, and this may not be the place to ask so I apologise if it needs moved...
I'll be using the space hulk terminators as a basis for the conversions...
I'm thinking Lorenzo with a head swap for the first one, as he has a sword
And Omino perhaps with the dark angel apothecary arm on his left.

To the point that means I need a right handed apothecary arm for Lorenzo (their all lefties)
Amd a power sword for Omino, again their all lefties, I have no idea where to get a right handed power sword as I only know left handed ones
This guy has a right handed arm, however I can't find the bit anyway, on any bit site or other wise...
(The Mk2 'crusader' apothecary from forge world... Beautiful set that :))
So does anyone have any better ideas? Or on where to find the bits?

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
You could do a diy job for the Apoth job, there are a few tutorials around for them , mainly it involves a chainsword and some bits of plastic tube. Pretty simple to do. For the power sword check out the raven wing command squad. Personally I think you can get away with using PA hands on TDA, size difference isn't that bad. The alternative is just doing what I have done a few times and found a right handed closed hand and pinned a PS to it.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I know this is a left hand, but in line with what Jac said: make a right hand out of a Power Fist.

I cut out the fingers and thumb of the PF and put in an open hand (this could have been holding a pistol) along with the top of a Chainsword and some pieces of an aerial from the Land Raider kit. It was pretty easy to pull off, if you're not afraid of a knife and a bit of Green Stuff.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
So I want to convert a couple of terminator preists, and this may not be the place to ask so I apologise if it needs moved...
I'll be using the space hulk terminators as a basis for the conversions...
I'm thinking Lorenzo with a head swap for the first one, as he has a sword
And Omino perhaps with the dark angel apothecary arm on his left.

To the point that means I need a right handed apothecary arm for Lorenzo (their all lefties)
Amd a power sword for Omino, again their all lefties, I have no idea where to get a right handed power sword as I only know left handed ones
This guy has a right handed arm, however I can't find the bit anyway, on any bit site or other wise...
(The Mk2 'crusader' apothecary from forge world... Beautiful set that :))
So does anyone have any better ideas? Or on where to find the bits?
well firstly grey knight terminator force swords are right handed, infact quite a few of the grey knight weapons are right handed.
not to mention
http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/space-marine-power-sword-right-arm-as-p-292.html.
and the sanguinary guard have at least two right handed power swords i can think of
http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/blood-angels-sanguinary-guard-bits-c-6_636_638.html
and i think there will be others.

and as far as i know the mk2 apothacary is the only one who has the right handed apoth arm.

personally i think converting apace hulk minis is a mistake, they are worth a bucket load and keep going up in value, sell them on and get more minis for your bucks.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
personally i think converting apace hulk minis is a mistake
Good thing we're not you! :biggrin:

You'd be surprised at the deals you can find sometimes, Bits. Not every set of those models is worth what you're saying, as not every set of Hulk models have been treated with the respect needed even to maintain that worth to the collector who would buy them.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and I'm not using the origanels :)
And thanks for the power sword ideas :)
I hadn't even thought grey knights, or sang guard :)
Shame you don't do the MK 2 arm any more... At least I presume not as you don't mention it :)

EDIT: anyone know any termie power swords?
I can chop and shop the hand easily enough but...

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I hadn't even thought grey knights, or sang guard
I swear I mentioned Grey Knight power swords to you in another thread/message on this topic...might be losing my mind :laugh:

Great choice for ornate swords though. They are literally just the hand holding the sword and the sword (to answer your question about Terminator swords).

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I swear I mentioned Grey Knight power swords to you in another thread/message on this topic...might be losing my mind :laugh:

Great choice for ornate swords though. They are literally just the hand holding the sword and the sword (to answer your question about Terminator swords).
Perhaps I'm losing my eyesight in my old age :laugh:
I'll proablly buy some sang guards swords then :)
And give turning a right handed lighting claw into a apothecary arm a go, I'm very picky so well see :)

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I'll proablly buy some sang guards swords then
I was talking about the GK terminator swords, never owned a SG kit so I'm unsure of the actual physicality of their swords.

And give turning a right handed lighting claw into a apothecary arm a go, I'm very picky so well see
See, now you're thinking. Cut the claws, use the housing to make it look like there's lights on his knuckles maybe. You could even re-attach a claw off the bottom as an aspect of the Narthecium....and no worries about being picky. I find that the pickier you are the better the conversions turn out :eek:k:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nd the more they cost :)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What about this one?
I think I'll use him with valencio... The chain fist terminator, as his right arm looks to be roughly the right position...
Remember his left will be replaced with either the grey knight or dark angel termie apoth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts