Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the only way to build one of these to purchase the arms from Forgeworld? or is everyone using a "counts as" model?

I checked the sprue images and it doesn't appear that any dreadnaughts, excepting the Chaos one, includes an autocannon.

Didn't know if I was missing anything.

Thanks.
CS

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Nope, it's scratch build or FW... FWIW, I have three set of the FW arms and they look really sharp... They're a little pricey, but I don't think I can build it for cheaper and still have the same ammt of cool... that and I needed 3 sets.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
one way to build one, if you dont want to spend any cash, is to use an old dread arm, say a TW las cannon arm, remove the barrals and then replace them with the barrals from 2 IG auto cannons, then tidy up and cables and you can still add the Ac ammo drumms to the arms for added effect, and thats how a guy at my local club done his one

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Here Is my rifleman dread. Made from 2 lascannon mounts, a missile launcher mount, 4 ig Autocannon barrels and their ammo drums. f you have several dreadnoughts in your army you can find the lascannon arms no bother, and even easier if a friend has a few too. the IG cannons A friend made a few lascannon teams and mortar teams so I got the Autocannons of him

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here Is my rifleman dread. Made from 2 lascannon mounts, a missile launcher mount, 4 ig Autocannon barrels and their ammo drums. f you have several dreadnoughts in your army you can find the lascannon arms no bother, and even easier if a friend has a few too. the IG cannons A friend made a few lascannon teams and mortar teams so I got the Autocannons of him
Nice Conversion!!

I'm thinking I'll end up taking the lazy way out and ordering from FW. I have 9 dreadnaughts currently, but alas I don't think I have the bits for them anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts