Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Both wrong.

Terminators can not ride in Rhinos, they can ride in Land Raiders but each Terminator takes up 2 slots (so a LR from Codex: Space Marines has space for 12 power-armoured warriors, or 6 terminators

Oh and Terminator armour (or Tactical Dreadnought Armour) isn't based on power armour but on hazardous environment suits used in circumstances like plasma conduits.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Ah. I was mistaken.

On the other bit, the codex says Terminator armor is a form power armor ( I wasn't referring to the standard 'Power Armor' of tactical marines for example), and it definitely looks like power armor to me. It's an armored suit that uses its own power source for locomotion. It fits the definition.

·
Registered
948 Posts
And the first event in the 40k olympics!
Rhino surfing

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
termies can ride in rhinos,
in the imperial armour 4 the Anphelion project PG 146 scenario 5 thunderhawk down it says that Rhinos can carry 5 terrmes it cramped, and hard to get in and out and only for emergencys.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Terminators may be able to cram in in emergencies, but that is like, if they have to evacuate an area, don't have teleportation available, and have to move because a gigantor rok is going to fall on their base in half an hour.

In battlefield conditions, they don't rhino-ride because they are as you said, difficult to get out of, and it would not serve them to be fumbling to get out when there's twenty krak missiles headed towards their transport.

Erego, in terms of actually playing 40k battle, they can't. Though, from a fluffwise perspective, that is an interesting and slightly amusing thought.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts