Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that the title says 1500. I had to rework it.

1700 points

HQ:

Grand Master
Frags, Icon of the Just, Master crafted weapon (Nemesis), Teleport Homer
#Word of the emperor
Retinue of 5 Terminators with one incinerator.
(446)

TROOPS:

5x Storm Troopers
Plasma Gun
(60)

5x Storm Troopers
Plasma gun
(60)

5x Storm Troopers
Melta gun
(60)

FAST ATTACK:

10x Grey Knight (including Jusicar)
(275)

10x Grey Knight (including Jusicar)
(275)

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Land Raider Crusader
Smoke Launchers
(258)

Dreadnought
Assault Cannon, Extra Armour, Smoke launchers
(118)

Dreadnought
Lascannon, Missile launcher, Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers
(148)

Tell me what you think..

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Sorry to be a pain, but your assassin cannot be included without an actual Inquisitor model...

Also, the Grey Knights in power armor cannot be given Rhinos...

Giving up the Storm Troopers for a fairly 'naked' Inquisitor will solve one problem, though having a few small squads of plasma/melta toting Stormies is a good idea...

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
How about...

GKGM w/ no upgrades
-=- 4 GK Termies w/ Incinerator

OM Inquisitor w/ Bolt Pistol, CCW, Hood

Eversor Assassin

2x 5 Storm Troopers w/ 2 Plasmaguns (or Meltaguns)
-=- Rhino w/ EA/S

2x 7 Grey Knights (TA) w/ Justicar, 2 Psycannons

GK Dread w/ Assault Cannon, Storm Bolter, Extra Armor, Smoke

GK Dread w Twin Lascannon, Missile Launcher, Extra Armor

1500pts on the nose....

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I would suggest giving one of the rhinos to the stormtroopers, and turn the other into an inquisitor. that allows your assassin and gives your stormtroopers a little bit more protection.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
I wouldn't think that there'd be much reason to give the Inquisitor a psychic hood. It'd be wiser to give it to the Grand Master who has 2 more Leadership points.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'll let you in on a little secret.
The culexus assassin's animus speculum's shots are increased by one when there is another psyker within 12". Now it doesn't specify whether it is enemy psykers or allied psykers so all your psykers add +1 to the assault of the giant eye. Also each Grey Knight Terminator is counted as a psyker, as are justicars and inquisitors... so if you have, lets say 6 terminators of the grey knights and a brother captain within 12" of the culexus you now have an assault 9 weapon S5 Ap1 and thats not including possible nemy Psykers. And as for the souless thing it doesn't matter to your fearless terminators and the only thing it does affect is the aegis. And that is why you give your inquisitor 2 heirophants and hide him behind terrain for that LD of 10 and a psychic hood that affects every power cast.

So what i'm saying is hide a Culexus in a squad of Grey Knights termies that don't have psychic powers, i.e. holocaust, and run them up and kill a big chunk of an impotrant and powerful squad and then finish the rest in assault with your Terms.

Also I believe that if you use Grey Knight unique rules like their hurricane bolters, which can move 12" and then shoot, then you should abide to the codex Assault Cannon which is Heavy 3 S6 AP4 and nothing else. Again that is what I think.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
I know that the title says 1500. I had to rework it.
Grand Master
Frags, Icon of the Just, Master crafted weapon (Nemesis), Teleport Homer
#Word of the emperor
Retinue of 5 Terminators with one incinerator.
(446)
Im pretty sure Terminator armored people cant have Frags and I would find the points somewhere to give the GM a Psycannon.. he's BS 5 so you might as well take full advantage of it. Loosing the incinerator will get you the majority of the points you need for the Psy.

CatZentch said:
Also each Grey Knight Terminator is counted as a psyker, as are justicars and inquisitors...
Each Terminator is not but the Brother Captain leading them is. Please see page 20 of the DH codex.. down near the bottom a little section named "Psykers".. Justicars and Brother Captains are the psychic focus of the squad and only they are counted as psykers. Inquisitors and the "Grey Knight Heros" have it listed in their profile.

Also Hurricane Bolters are not a unique Demon Hunter Crusader weapon.. all crusaders have the same weapon and before you even ask NO they cannot be upgraded with Psycannon bolts. The vehicle version of Psycannon bolts only works on Storm and Heavy Bolters.

Something cheaper than buying an Inquisitor and his 2 hirophant retinue is to just buy an Unguents of Warding for your squads.. its a 4+ save against psychic powers and can be used IN ADDTION TO psychic hoods and the Aegis. If you are going to take a psychic hood.. make sure its on a LD 10 model. The new Chaos psychers are all LD 10 so at best you have less than a 50/50 chance to negate it with the Psychic Hood but its better than nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts