Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Revision on 2000pts of Deathguard

Hello fellow Hereticc's!

i am looking at possibly revising this ere' list i am using, and was wondering if you could see any improvements that could be made? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

HQ:

Daemon Prince of Nurgle: MON, wings, Warptime = 175 pts

TROOPS:

7 PM’s, PC with PF, Personal icon, 2 Plasma Guns, Rhino = 266 pts
7 PM’s, PC with PF, Personal icon, 2 Melta Guns, Rhino = 256 pts
7 PM’s, PC with PF, 2 Flamers, Rhino = 246 pts
7 Plague Bearer’s = 91 pts
7 Plague Bearer’s = 91 pts

ELITE’S:

7 PT’s, HF+PF, 5 Combi Melta’s = 250 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT:

3 Chaos Obliterator’s = 225 points
3 Chaos Obliterator’s = 225 points
Vindicator/Daemonic Possession = 145 pts
TOTAL: 2000 Points

·
Registered
82 Posts
maybe drop the Plague Bearer’s and replace them with a 5 man chosen squad with 4 power weapons and 1 power fist OR a 5 man chosen squad with 5 meltas and MoN. depends on whether u want a close combat or anti tank unit.
but otherwise that a pretty solid list. well done.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
with the Plague Bearer's, i was thinking that they could be summoned by the PM Squad in case some thing nasty comes there way and could be used as a meat shield to hold up the unit etc?

·
Registered
82 Posts
then u could drop an oblit squad and one squad of Plague Bearer’s for another vindicator with posession, and one chosen unit stated before. this is so that u still have a summoning unit, another pie plate and even an anti-tank or close combat unit, depending on which one u prefer.
u could even take a defiler, if u like how they roll?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to be honest, i have never used a defiler, so i am not sure how reliable they can be? are they worth taking?

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Drop an oblit off each squad, pick up a second DP vindie,
Drop the termies, replace with either a termicide squad (3 with combi melta) or melta armed chosen!
Withe the remaining points slip in another DP!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With the Melta armed Chosen, i don't have a codex at hand, would they have enough points for a rhino?

and another thing :biggrin: i heard that a 'termicide' unit can be quite useful, the thing is if i had to choose between the two, if there enough points for the chosen to have a Rhino, i'll get them instead :p

·
Registered
642 Posts
If you pull out the Termis squad as is you have just enough points for another DP: MoN, wings, warptime and the perfect amount of points for Termicide. I would also suggest changing the Plasma PM into Meltas. The only problem then you have a few points you need to spend. Maybe another Personal Icon and something else. Keep the Plague Bearers. They make it so you have a little more objective taking ability. They can also create a little havoc and we heretics love that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
defilers work well if used properly. i like to add extra close combat arm and run them into squads, blasting the battle cannon. if enemy doesnt have power fist or is a monstrous creature then they are pretty hard to kill in close combat.

if u drop the MoN on the chosen melta squad, u'll have enough for a rhino.

and the recommendations by jondoe297 are also very good.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okaaaay, here is a revision and taken into account from the fantastic advice given by you all, well here goes nothing :grin::

HQ:

Daemon Prince, MON, Wings, Warptime: 175 pts
Daemon Prince, MON, Wings, Warptime: 175 pts

ELITE'S:
(Termicide)
3 PT's, 3 Combi Melta's (not sure on point count)

TROOP'S:

7 PM's, 2 Melta Guns , PI, PF, Rhino = 256 pts
7 PM's, 2 Melta Guns , PI, PF, Rhino = 256 pts
7 PM's, 2 Flamers, PI, PF, Rhino = 246 pts
7 Plague Bearer's = 91 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT:

2 Obilterator's = 150 pts
2 Obilterator's = 150 pts
Vindicator, Daemonic Possession = 145 pts
Vindicator, Daemonic Possession = 145 pts

That hopefully should be 2000 points-ish, again any criticisms/advice/praise:laugh:
would be greatly appreciated.

Peace out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
hey i just went over ur revised list. bit of a problem. u can't have 4 heavy choices in standard 40k, if thats wat ur playin (really only apocalypse and defending planetstrike allow 4 or more heavy).

i suggest drop 1 oblit and make a squad of three, then use the remaining points to put a power fist on the termis and maybe add some extra Plague bearers.
otherwise looks pretty good.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
ELITE'S:
(Termicide)
3 PT's, 3 Combi Melta's (not sure on point count)
105 for this unit. Unless PT means "Plague Terminator" in which case 155. I prefer the slightly more flexible:

3x Terminators w/ 1x Chain Fist, 1x Heavy Flamer, 2x Combi-Melta

You also have one to many heavy Support choices. I'd drop a set of Oblits, up the squad you're keeping to 3 and then spend the 75 points elsewhere. Like adding more summoned daemons.

***Ninja'd! Khorne's hand is too fast for me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for pointing that out, i am still in the process of buying and building Month by Month :) i think i will drop to a squad of 3 Oblit's, and give the termi's a PF and MON perhaps?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would hold off putting MoN on a 3 man squad, that's more for a larger footslogging unit.

DP 175

Typhus 225
(w/7 Lesser Daemons) 91

Termicide 105

PM(7) Champ w/fist, 2X melta, rhino, icon 261
PM(7) Champ w/fist, 2X melta, rhino, icon 261
PM(7) Champ w/fist, 2X flamer, rhino 246
PM(7) 2X plasma 191

OBL(2) 150
OBL(2) 150
VIN 145

Threw in Typhus because I had 50 points to spare, and he brings some firepower to a Lesser Daemon DS. He will stop them from assaulting, but they get blight grenades in return.

Just my thoughts, but I like the look of your lists :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Here we go again, 3rd time lucky me think? (plus i have 195 points to spare)

HQ:

Daemon Prince, MON, Wings, Warptime = 175 pts
Daemon Prince, MON, Wings, Warptime = 175 pts

TROOPS:

7 PM's, 2 Meltas, PI, PF, Rhino = 256 pts
7 PM's, 2 Meltas, PI, PF, Rhino = 256 pts
7 PM's, 2 Flamers, PF, Rhino = 246 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT:

3 Obilterator's = 225 pts
Vindicator + Daemonic Possession = 145 pts
Vindicator + Daemonic Possession = 145 pts

as you can see i haven't put in an elite's slot, and with 195 points to spare, what you guys suggest? ( i am open to suggestions) but i kinda like the whole Nurgley feel so maybe some Plague Terminators perhaps? (that's if i have enough points, and no codex yet)

·
Registered
82 Posts
maybe a squad of flame chosen squad, (5 marines, 4 flamers, MoN, rhino = 195pts.) get em in close with infiltrate and burn the pants off the enemy. Should do good against hoard armies.:biggrin::grin:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nothing says 'i love you' like having 4 flamers up your ass burning you to death :grin:
sounds like a good idea, what about if they were a CC unit of Tank Hunter's? would i still have enough points?

·
Registered
82 Posts
a tank hunter squad would cost round 215pts (5 marines, MoN, 4x meltas, rhino)
so if u drop some points off other units u could squeeze this one in.

remember u can shoot the meltas out of the rhino without disembarking (only 2 though, not the whole squad) doing this u can still have the safety of the rhino and shooting 2 melta's at the same time!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts