Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I laid my entire Bloodangels collection bare before me to see my handiwork, and besides seeing how many money I've spent :crazy: I realised something.
Even looking at models that I bought, built and painted 6months or so ago I keep finding faults and just want a redo. Thinking the tone is wrong, that part should be X colour not Y! Or damn I missed abit there, or splashed abit there...

Does anyone else have this problem? How bad?
Putting a close eye to my terminators made me feel ashamed :( my assault marines could use some serious touch ups :scratchhead:
But all we can do is move forwards and get better right?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I have this same issue, enlarged by my working on other armies and bettering my skills before coming back to doing more models for my Blood Angels. Combine this with GW changing the paints after I finished my first few squads...well, fuck.

Keeping in mind that I haven't touched a paint brush in 2015 aside from to put them away, I generally just work on perfecting my colours. Once I have something down that I can say 'damn, that looks great and I want every model to look like that' I'll go back over and touch up old models with updated skills. Thankfully, my idea of 'done' is pretty much what my idea of '1st layer of shading' looks like now so extending the old efforts shouldn't be a terrible effort....but yeah. Not sure how much my advice is worth given that my last painted model was ~10 months ago.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
If you keep looking at models and thinking "I need to improve that" then you're never going to finish painting anything! :laugh:

Sure, you can do better now, but why spend the time on it when you can paint a new unit or vehicle instead? That way you can put a bigger army on the table without being embarrassed by that bare plastic grey or spray can black...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I love looking back at models I painted when I first started. I use them in my armies, but they have obvious flaws. But I smile and remember myself as a new painter and go back to that time in my mind.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I mostly try not to look too closely at the units that I've completed more than a year ago. Which is to say, most of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts