Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, here we go, my first ever book review! Just as a note before I start, the version of the book I am reviewing is the junior novelization, so dont get confused if I say something that differs from the other version...

Review: Star Wars the Clone Wars

"NOBATA BARGON! EECHUTA ROTTA ME PEEDUNKEE MUFKIN WAJEEKEE!"
―Jabba the Hutt

War has spread chaos across the galaxy, and Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker find themselves leading a massive clone army into battle against Count Dooku and his Separatist Alliance. On the planet of Tatooine, deep in the Outer Rim of the galaxy, crime lord Jabba the Hutt's son has been kidnapped. To gain the Hutt's allegiance, an advantage over Dooku, the Jedi have agreed to find and rescue Jabba's son.

This book was something I had high hopes for, as it was the novelization of one of my favorite movies, but in the end, I found it a little bit laking...

I will try to give you a basic concept of the plot. (Or should I just say: Warning! The whole frigging plot of the book is detailed in the following section if you press the "Click Here" button... You have been warned...)

Best moment: When Captain Rex tricks the droids to believe that they are outnumbered even though there were only ca. 5 clones and over fifty droids.

Worst moment: There were several, but one that really annoyed me was at the beginning, the battle for Christophsis, and that was mainly because there was barely any clone action, even though there was plenty in the movie.

Favorite Character: Captain Rex...

Least favorite character: I have to say that Ziro the Hutt was, cause he threw forth such a bad show in the book...

Best thing with the book: The pictures in the middle of it, just cause they broke up the bullshit that was going on...

Worst thing with the book: The fact that it is almost all the time seen from Anakins and Ahsokas point of view, there was barely a page from the clones point of view...

What I would have wanted to see: I would have wanted to read about more clone action, for there was barely any in the whole book!

Overall rating: 8.3 out of 10

The book did a good job at keeping up with the story of the movie, and I know that it was the Junior Novelization, but still, they should have included more clone action, and that alone would have made me give it a 9 to it...

Any feed back is welcome, and also, do you want more reviews like this? Thanks for reading and may the force be with you!

Edit: Sorry, Spoiler tag added...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts