Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hadn't played 40k for 20 years :shok: and recently got back into it by utter fluke. I noticed a symbol on a work colleagues phone, took a stab in the dark and what do you know, I'm back playing the game. I always kept up to date with the lore etc via the black library forum and I still read the novels but the games is as much fun as it was when I was 15.

Anyway, I'm a space wolve player, can't believe my old models are still current today after all this time.
I'll be posting soon looking for fellow 40k players from Glasgow

thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Played 3 games since against chaos and tau twice. Almost tabled chaos but got beat on points. Got hammered by tau which is a new race to me

·
Registered
326 Posts
I almost went for Space Wolves when I got started. I'm partially Norwegian so I grew up loving to read about Vikings. I just didn't know they were an option until it was too late, haha. Have you gotten to play any games since coming back, or still preparing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah played a few times, didn't do so well. The basics are still the same. I've got a rather large army. On my last count, over 6000pts worth. Just bought myself some new updated additions, flyers, heros etc a very diverse army. What do you play

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eh? Thats a different one, was that the original lore? Retconed in to the primarch?

Had not heard of that one.
Yes very old. I still have the very first rule book. Things really got exciting for me though when the 1St edition codices came out
Some many special rules now

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man, I've always been interested in seeing how the fluff has progressed (in some areas more interested in that than in the actual fluff). I had no idea that's how he started out!
It's was only a small picture from memory with his name and title
Lots changed over the years but i always kept myself in the loop with the novels

·
Registered
46 Posts
"First rose to imperial notice during Lucan Crusade." The image is titled "Marine Commander" "Instrumental in founding Adeptes Astartes Unit 4 Spacewolves" Born M32.

Back then, Power Armor was just the space version of plate mail.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.