Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Greetings from Iraq on my deployment. I started playing WH 40k back in 1st ed and after an 8 year absence Im looking to start playing again. I think I will buy some chaos minis to rival some of the other guys, one wants to play Ultra Marines and the other....I dont know.
I dont have access to all of my minis which are back in storage at Fort Hood, TX. So I will have to order a bunch of new stuff.
Any tips for an old timer just getting back in. I last played sometime during 3rd ed.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
welcome to heresy

your first purchase should be the new rulebook and chaos codex unless you have them already.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, so far my list of things to pick up includes:
Chaos Codex
New Rule Book
Chaos Term Lord
Box of CSM
Box of Plague Marines
and maybe some Khorne Bezerkers.

Not sure yet what else I want/need. We are not looking for huge battles as we have limited time and space to play.

I might pick up some Terminators too. Then of course comes the problem of storing all of them safely.

But another question: I have read some rumors on this forum about 5th edition. Any idea when that will be released. I would hate to spend $50 for 4th only to have to buy 5th in like 3 months

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yeah, you may want to wait a few months. But there's nothing wrong with collecting the minis! It may take you 6 months to get them built and painted anyways

1 - 5 of 5 Posts