Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, thought I'd join having lurked around for a while. I got into 40k after reading Ian Watson's Space Marine at probably far too young an age, right around the release of 3rd Ed. I tried for a while to get into the game itself but gave up for lack of funds and people to play against and since then
I've mostly just been into the fluff.

A friend brought round the current edition book along with some Tau and paints he'd never got around to using and it's given me the bug again, I'm looking to start with a small IG army while I get the knack for painting again and to play a few games.

The tutorials section here has already been a great help, looking foward to posting around.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Good luck with your Guard, because too much is never enough!

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Hey TrampSpacer, welcome to the site.

I hope you enjoy your stay, glad the Tutorials section has helped you out somewhat. It does hold some great articles :)

·
Banned
5,108 Posts
Sup man! if you got any gaming questions feel free to toss me a pm! Also Im just reading inquisition war and Ian watson is pretty damn good!

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Welcome to heresy, again it is good to see the material on this site is helpful. Although the term 'small' and IG are rarely used together.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the welcome messages. Yeah, I gather that guard armies tend to be some of the largest but the chances are I'll only have a couple of people to play against occasionally anyway. I won't be worrying about filling a huge army list to win games so I'd rather go for something attainable and characterful I can write fluff for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts